Day 63 of 84 - The Results Are In...

I got my MRI results today. Short and sweet... partial tear, tendinitis, bursitis, and bone spur. Easiest explanation... I will be having shoulder surgery in the not so distant future. UGH!

I knew what the results were going to be. I really would have been shocked if the MRI had come back clear. I have the follow up with my orthopedic surgeon on Monday and we will move forward with treatment. We discussed it last week and he agreed that any tear would be surgically repaired because of my age, my activity level and my history (I had my right shoulder repaired 16 years ago). Now the fun part... finding a good time to fit in surgery and 12-week recovery. *sigh* I'm not too excited, although I'm elated that I have an answer. I'm known for being the interesting case of not knowing what is going on or why. I'm just ready to fix it - endure the extreme pain to get rid of the constant pain.

I'm not happy about being side lined for a few months. Especially when my swimming was finally coming around. But at least I know that I will be able to rehab in the pool and hopefully get back to a good point again as soon as possible. I'll know more next Monday, but my goal is to hold off until after weigh out for the challenge. I want to be able to drive myself over there to finish this challenge, so that means I'll be looking at mid-April for surgery. If that works, then my hubby is already off for 17 days with vacation then, so I'll be well taken care of too.

This is going to be a major challenge...

Comments

Popular Posts