Day 37 of 40 - Information Overload

That's how I've felt the last two days. Honestly, my food hasn't been horrible, but tonight we enjoyed dinner and drinks with my parents. Oh well!

The new job is awesome!! I'm loving it so far. There has been a ton of info to retain the last two days and so, so much more to learn over the next few weeks. I'm not alone in my new position though. They hired two new people since my job used to be combined with the other person's job and handled by one person. The program I'm with has grown a ton, so they decided they needed two full-time positions instead of one... and here we are!

The co-workers I've met has been a blast too. Honestly the only complaint I have is that there is no air conditioning in our office because we are in the oldest part of the building that has zero a/c, so we've been running a little warm. I've killed my steps the last two days though because we've been exploring all over campus! Tomorrow we're going to check out the gym, which I have free access to! I'm running out of excuses not to work out in the mornings!

Anyway... I wanted to check in. I'm here and alive. We'll wrap up our spring challenge on Friday, enjoy the holiday weekend and then I'll get right back to being on plan 100% as I ramp up my triathlon training for my final six weeks of training before the big event! It's creeping up on me too quickly!!

Hopefully after this week of adjustment, I'll be able to find my groove again with my schedule. We are done with karate for the summer as of the end of the week as well, so that opens up more evenings for training also. I'll miss karate, but I won't miss trying to figure out how to work it all in for the next couple of months!

Happy Tuesday everyone! For once, I'm not wishing away the week. My baby girl graduates from kindergarten on Friday. How is that even possible?!?!

So, I'll leave you all with this... Here's my view on my drive home while I was waiting for the light to turn green. The fog was rolling in over the lake as the temps were dropping quickly!


The fire truck on the bottom right of the picture is parked at the main station for the department The Hubby works at. If you look right in the middle of hte pic, just over the small, white square, you'll see the lower part of the lift bridge that goes up and down to let the ships into the bay. The fog was so low, you could hardly even see the bridge at all. I love how amazing Mother Nature can be sometimes!

Comments

Popular Posts