Day 23 of 40 - Triathlon Training Begins This Week!


Well, last night's plans changed. My run that I moved up from Friday got pushed back to Friday. I was completely unprepared for it to be as cold and windy as it was at the end of the day yesterday, so I passed on the run. We did go to karate though!

The rest of my week is pretty crazy. Today and Thursday are my rest days. This week officially kicks off my triathlon training, but we are also wrapping up Girl Scout meetings with bridging events and end of the year parties this week. Never a dull moment!

Here's how this week's training (and everything else) calendar is looking:

Triathlon Training Week 1
Monday: Karate for cross training
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: Karate for cross training & bridging for my older troop
Thursday: REST & younger troop's end of the year party
Friday: Run 3 miles
Saturday: Swim in the AM and Bike in the PM
Sunday: Karate tournament

I'm actually really looking forward to mixing things up a bit. I love running, but my side has been a bit beastly since the race on Saturday and this will help me improve my cardio and stamina with events other than running. I am quite frustrated about my side though!

So, with that busy schedule, the weekly dinner planning was pretty easy! Tonight I'm going out for a ladies' night out with my two bestest friends. Tomorrow and Thursday are protein shake dinner nights due to Girl Scout events. Emmy Lou will get Subway and Abbycakes and The Hubby will be on their own on Wednesday. Thursday the kids will eat pizza at the party. Friday it's just The Hubby and I, so it will be some sort of scrumptious shrimp dinner that has yet to be decided. Then Saturday I'm solo, so I get free reign of the fridge! Actually, I'll probably settle for eggs or something just as simple. I hate to cook just for myself. It seems like a waste.

I'm very thankful for a busy week though. That means this week will go that much faster! I'm ready to start my new journey! Plus, I'm taking a couple of days off inbetween the end of this job and the start of my new job to enjoy my girls' spring concert and go get some pampering done! I can't wait!!

I have to share a video today to wrap things up because I was so proud of Abbycakes last night. At karate they were learning some of the things that the big kids would be learning this week. They learned the first part of the very first form you learn in the beginner's class (Abbycakes and Jack Jack are in the Dragons class). They were also learning about what the big kids do at tournaments, since this week is tournament prep week and the tournament is Sunday!

One thing the sensei had them doing is "performing" much like the big kids do and had a panel of "judges" which included herself and the two youth black belts who help out with the class. Abby volunteered to perform first. I love how far she's come in the last couple of years. My shy, anxiety ridden bitty girl is growing into a confident big kid!! Anyway... here you go. She had to go different directions, but was given free reign on her moves.


It's also been a crazy week of finalizing summer plans. With me changing jobs, we had to do some last minute rearranging and setting up backup plans. I'm thankful that I can work pretty easily with my ex-husband on these types of things. It makes the chaos of it all a bit easier. Since we have 50/50 placement, it's always nice to have easy communication for trading days if needed, bumping times, getting kids from point A to point B... Plus, The Hubby is awesome at helping as well! I've noticed after looking at this summer's schedule that the old saying is true. It really does take a village to raise a child!! But I feel far less stressed about the schedule now! What can I say? I'm a planner!


Comments

Popular Posts