Day 16 of 40 - Less Than 12 Weeks!!

That's my big news today! Sunday marked 12 weeks until the triathlon!


I loved that movie as a kid and now my kids love it! But I digress...

So, I have less than 12 weeks to train for the triathlon. That means I have less than eight weeks to train for the duathlon, which will be my check-in race as far as if my body will be able to handle something more than just running during an event. Sorry, I know I mentioned this on Friday, but it still seems crazy to me and a little intimidating!

This week I'll focus on the final training for my 10K on Saturday, rest and recover and then turn it up a notch next week as I switch over to triathlon training. My goal is one swim, one bike, one run and one bike/run a week. I fully understand that this will not happen every week. Especially since we have a belt test one month and two days from today and I need to make sure I get my required classes for that as well. Oh, and a tournament in two weeks!

Here's a rough draft at what May will look like for training after this week:

May Triathlon Training
Monday: Karate (cross training)
Tuesday: Swim
Wednesday: Karate (cross training)
Thursday: Bike or Karate (depends on if I have kids or not)
Friday: Run
Saturday: Bike (if I didn't Thursday) or Bike/Run
Sunday: REST!!!

Crazy schedule, but each workout is only 30-60 minutes and I'm done. I plan to keep my runs between 2-3 miles until I start my half marathon training. I also realize that the best laid plans don't trump life, so sometimes it won't work out, but I'll do my best to hit all of those workouts. I've been dreaming of this darn triathlon for years... I want to conquer it this year! That means I must train!!

Alright... moving on! Busy week with karate, mandatory overtime, and getting a couple of runs in. Emmy Lou's wrist is healing well, so I see her going back to karate this week. It's sparring week, so she may have to join the white belts during that and work on her forms, but she'll still enjoy getting back to it. Abbycakes is back to her crazy self. It's amazing how fast antibiotics work on strep throat! Hopefully everyone else stays healthy and whole!!

I have a lunchbox full of on-plan snacks and meals today since I'll be at work late, then I'm off for a three mile run. Gotta take advantage of the sunshine when I can! Oh and I rocked my 170 second plank today! Tomorrow is our final day of the plank challenge and we will do it for THREE MINUTES! UGH!!! I can't wait to move onto the next challenge!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

{{{EDITED TO ADD}}} Forgot my NSV for today... I'm wearing 11/12 dress pants that don't have a bit of stretch to them! They fit great!!!

Comments

Popular Posts