Day 25 of 40 - Just Roll With It


I figured out part of my problem this week. I haven't gotten out for a single run! This week's schedule and the crappy weather have had me sidelined from that particular activity. Don't get me wrong, I love karate and it is a great workout, but running just does something to me. I feel mentally lighter after a run.


So, I'm still cranky about my lack of progress this morning. Especially since I gained again this morning. I'm at a loss, but I won't dwell! Tomorrow my new, more reliable, scale comes from Amazon and I can't wait!! My current one and I have gone rounds. He tells me one number, I argue, he tells me another, I shout. Then he goes back to the original number and I just sigh and move on. There's no point arguing with him. He shuts down when he doesn't want to communicate about things! So, he's being replaced!

My new Ninja blender system comes tomorrow too! Yup, I'm ridiculously giddy about this event! Actually, we received our first one, but the glass pitcher was broken, so we had to send it back. Talk about frustrating! I can't wait to get this new gadget! Smoothies and protein shakes made easy!

I had a reality check with my age today. I'm not ashamed to say that in exactly four months I will be in my late-30s as I head into my 38th year. There are days when I feel every single one of my almost-37-years. Then there are days when I wonder how I'm not 27 anymore. Where did the last 10 years go???

What was my reality check? I finally sucked it up and made an appt to go see my doc next week to talk about arthritis treatment. My mom and I used to joke when I was a kid that with all of the sports I played and how hard I was on my body, I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40. Okay, that whole idea is not as funny as it used to be as I creep closer and closer to 40 and am reminded every morning as I get out of bed, just how hard I was on my body in my teens and early 20s! Owwwwww....

Other than all that fantastic fun, tonight's plans have changed. I had one kiddo drop with a fever and sore throat last night (and she's just wrapping up antibiotics for strep from a week and a half ago). The other kidlet cried about a yucky tummy last night and slept with a bucket and woke in tears again this morning. She had a temp, but no fever. I still kept her home. Abbycakes's kindergarten class has been hit hard with nasty bugs. I was told they were down to like 8 or 9 kids left in class yesterday and at least 4 confirmed cases of strep (they have 17 kids). I'm so ready for summer!

Here's how Abbycake's bedtime routine looked. Poor pumpkin!


Needless to say, no Girl Scout party tonight since three out of four of the girls in the troop are down and out. No karate tonight since The Hubby is at work (24-hour shift) and both kiddos are sick. So, it's a lay low kind of night in our house. I'll take it!

Tomorrow it's just The Hubby and I, so we are talking about going to see the new Captain America movie for date night! Saturday I'm scheduled to swim and bike, but here's the forecast. Check out that wonderful wind!



Yeah, that sounds super fun to bike in! *sigh* Sunday is our karate tournament, so unless I go for a ride in the morning, that's not an option. So, I'm still playing with my training schedule for this week and I know it'll be a bit messy until I get a feel for my new schedule with my new job. My goal is to get as much in as I can without stressing right now.

Hey, tomorrow is Friday... Let's focus on that!

Comments

Popular Posts