Day 19 of 40 - Seriously... Best Friday EVER!

Really though, this isn't just a "yahoo it's Friday" post. This is a, "Best Day EVER!!" kind of post. Let me start with these beautiful tulips my little cuties and The Hubby brought to work for me today, with a big, "Happy Mother's Day!" Awwww! Tulips are my absolute favorite flower!


Moving on... Last night after work I bought a second knee brace since both knees have been bugging me and I headed for the trail. Remember how I said that the last run I did was the first 70 degree run, well... last night was my first 80+ degree run. Holy Hot Batman! There was some wind, but it was warm and slightly humid. It's just plain crazy to go from running a few miles in 37 degree weather with 15 mile per hour winds to running a couple of miles in 82 degree heat! Gotta love northern Wisconsin!

Anyway... I only had two miles, so I decided to really push it and test my body. I only walked for about 30 seconds during the first mile and I couldn't believe my time! I haven't done a mile under 11 minutes in YEARS! Once in a while I would kick one out during a 5K when I was in my best running form training-wise. My body is just handling running so incredibly different this time around!



As you can see... I KILLED IT!! Two miles in 21:22 minutes. Check out that average pace! I was floored. I have to be totally honest about the run though. The first mile was fast and I was getting winded by the end. Plus, my side pain was flaring. I could feel my side pain before I even got to the running trail, so I was concerned, but it stayed pretty mellow. My second mile I was TIRED! I couldn't have run a third if I had to. I was also extremely parched! So, I did just what I had planned to do... I pushed myself, hard, to see what would happened and I found out quickly that it was too much too soon, but that I'm capable of improving. WOOHOO!!

After my run, I ran home to eat quick and then the hubby and I grabbed the kids and headed to our karate class. It's sparring week again. Add in that our sensei was feeling like we needed a solid workout and pushed us till we were literally dripping sweat during line drills and our class was a killer!! Killer in an awesome way, but a killer none the less! My body was yelling at me by bedtime!

Funny enough, this morning my body had bounced back pretty well and I felt pretty good getting up today. I'm getting old... I never know what morning will bring in regards to my daily aches and pains!

So, this morning I got awesome news and this is what turns my Friday from a Super Friday into a Best Friday EVER!

I didn't mention it on here for obvious reasons, but I had applied for a job at my alma mater last month as we were headed out of town for our vacation. I interviewed with them last week and today I got the call from the Dean of the Nursing Program who offered me the job. I accepted!! I'm so excited... and nervous... and scared... and happy... and... Well, you get it! Big changes, but I really believe this will be an awesomely good change for all of us.

There you have it folks... Best Friday EVER! Okay, maybe not ever, but a pretty stellar Friday in my books!

Comments

Popular Posts