Day 31 of 40 - Closing Another Chapter


It is definitely a bittersweet day. It's my last day at my job today. I've had people tell me how much they'll miss me and wish me well. As frustrating as my job can be sometimes and as cranky as we all can get when things get crazy around here, I have had the pleasure of working with a very unique and awesome bunch of people. I will most certainly miss our highly entertaining morning meetings. Although... I won't miss the constant temptation of food!

I've complained on many occasions to The Hubby about my utter dislike of working in the call center, but at the end of the day, this was a great job and offered a lot of perks. I loved working five minutes from home and across the street from the girls' school. That last convenience was especially huge as Abbycakes began her own journey two years ago with 3K preschool. Being close helped both of us!

After today, I'll be moving on to a completely different role and I'm so excited and nervous!! Funny enough, in two and a half weeks the same goes for Abbycakes. She'll no longer be a "little kid" in school. She will graduate kindergarten and get ready to spread her wings in first grade. She will start having nightly homework assignments and there will be higher expectations. As crazy as it sounds... this is great timing for both of us. It's time for my baby bird to find a bit more faith in herself and find a bit more independence! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous... for both of us!

More than that, I'm just really excited about what the future holds for all of us!

Enough of that! Looking forward, I have decided to start doing some research on wetsuits for the triathlon. I don't want to spend a ton of money on my first one. If I enjoy doing them, then I will invest a bit more, but for now, I want to keep it as inexpensive as possible. This is where Craigslist has come in handy.

I do have a gripe though. Apparently if you are a woman who wants to do a triathlon and wear a women's wetsuit, you had better be either tall and thin or spot on for average height to weight ratios. If you're short and fat... good luck finding a suit! That has lead me to look at men's wetsuits. Well, I haven't fared any better over there. I am 5'6" tall and I weight 188 pounds as of this morning. That's short for men's suits, so they assume you must be scrawny too. If I look for a suit in my weight range, I need to gain at least a few inches.

Needless to say, it's been a slightly disappointing research project! I have found one possibility, but it's sleeveless. That would work for inland lakes, but I question how well I would fare doing triathlons in that giant air conditioner we call Lake Superior. Hmmmm... Oh well, I have time. My search shall continue!

In the meantime, I stumbled across the Superior Man triathlon held in the bordering city. My interest in piqued! They have a half Iron man distance of 70.3 miles and a shorter distance that is 41.5 miles. That means the swim is a 1/2 mile, bike is 35.4 miles and run is 5.6 miles. I think I've just added this one to my goal for 2017!! That is, if I enjoy participating in the sprint triathlon in July. Feel free to check it the Superior Man Triathlon info here.

Speaking of triathlon, I didn't swim last night. I'm hoping my chiropractor can give me a bit more range of motion in my next on Friday. I've had a stiff neck for a few weeks. It feels like something is pinched. That means rotating my head for my swim was not going to happen last night. Instead, I shuttled Abbycakes to the pharmacy for her latest antibiotics - she still isn't strep free - and then to her twirling practice.

While I was gone Emmy Lou and Kenziebug put in a practice run for Friday's 5K.


I was very impressed with their stats! They even ran more than a 5K before calling it good. Kenziebug won't be home to run the race on Friday, but the girls, The Hubby and I are pretty excited to do our first 5K of the season!

Tonight is karate for everyone! Tomorrow is a crazy busy day full of doctor's appointments, concerts, parties and performances. Oh and getting up early to do the girls' hair for their concert! I love that part of being a mom to girls! I also have to fit in a bike ride and maybe a swim. I've got this!! 

Bring on the new and exciting adventures that lie ahead. I'm ready!


Comments

Popular Posts