Day 32 of 84 - ONE MONTH MARK!!!!!

We have officially hit the one month mark! One month ago today I jumped in with both feet and got completely on track. As of this morning, I'm up another .8, which puts me up a total of 1 pound over 2 weeks and leaves me at 9 pounds lost in the first month. Yes, I'm frustrated, but I'm not giving up. I'm just amazed at how sensitive my body suddenly is to any kind of not-so-clean foods. I was up from my weekend out of town, then was back by Tuesday morning. Tuesday evening was Mardi Gras and I had pizza which was within my calorie budget and POOF my weight climbs two pounds. Yes, I know I didn't eat enough to say it was a true fat gain, but it's still frustrating. I got it back down for a gain this week of just under a pound, but GRRR!!! I blame the salt! Well, that and my lack of hitting the gym this week.

After Mardi Gras on Tuesday evening both of my girls went down hard with a bug. Their nana stayed with them while I was at work on Wednesday, but Wednesday night was HORRIBLE. My oldest has asthma and she could not stop coughing. That meant not much sleep for her and zero sleep for Mom. Yesterday morning I caved and took her to the ER. Turns out the poor thing has pneumonia! It was their dad's night to take them last night and it was hard to let them go. I hate not being with them when they are sick. But, the report this morning was that the little one was much improved and the big one sounded better, but was having a reaction to one of her meds. Never a dull moment!!! But after the night before, I couldn't drag myself to the gym last night. I didn't have anything left to get me up and out the door, so the hubby and I had an amazing dinner, played cards and had a quiet evening.

Speaking of amazing dinners... I have a couple of recipes to share from last night. We were craving shrimp and I really wanted scampi, but didn't want all of the butter that comes with it. Here was our solution. We each had one serving of shrimp and three baby red potatoes and it was PERFECT!

Here's the Garlic Parmesan Roasted Shrimp. Tasted VERY much like scampi without all of the extra fat.

And Smashed Red Potatoes

I should have taken a pic of our plates. Side note... we use the smaller plates in our cupboard and they look full of food when we serve up which makes me FEEL like I'm getting more, even when I'm not. Nice little trick! Anyway, it was an amazing meal at home, without spending big money at a restaurant and we were able to control our portions and enjoy some good food. I love that part of doing this. We have found some excellent recipes. Not being a big leftover person, I love that I don't have to feel guilty about bringing home food we paid big money for and letting it go to waste because I didn't want to overindulge at dinner. Or the other way around and that I overate just because I didn't want to deal with leftovers. Crazy how our minds work!!

So... I have a quiet weekend ahead. Gym time all weekend and my girls come back to me on Monday, so I'll probably have them join me at the gym then too. Oh, and I got to see a new physical therapist yesterday who thinks she may have found the magic link to my side pain. I'll keep you posted. If it works, I'll explain it a bit more in detail. Wish me luck!!

Comments

Popular Posts