Day 30 of 84 - Weekend Recovery in Full Swing!

What a fantastic weekend!! I stuck to my guns and splurged on Saturday knowing our plans and Sunday I reigned in back in. I have to say that having my hubby stay on track with me has been beyond helpful this time around. We randomly send each other recipes to try and critique the ones we already have. Then, going on an out of town journey with him helped keep me in check. Obviously, when you are on the road, it's almost impossible not to eat out. We ate out on Saturday for lunch and dinner, but Sunday we were back in the game. We had the continental breakfast at the hotel which allowed us more portion control and then Subway for lunch on the way home. And it actually felt really good to get back on track. Yes, it was a bit of a struggle, since I allowed myself a bit more rich and sweet foods than usual and those are my kryptonite, but we both just pushed ourselves to keep moving.

Monday we were back in the pool. I'm struggling with some collarbone pain and I'm REALLY not happy. My running is already affected, I really need to keep my swimming for sanity. So, I'm going slow and trying to push through it while listening to my body. Monday night was Mardi Gras set up and then the big festival at the school last night. I didn't put my FitBit on until after noon yesterday and hit my 10,000 steps by 7:30! Some days I struggle to get 5,000 steps in 7 hours! Our food options weren't the greatest at the event, but I stayed on track all day knowing what my options would be. Hopefully by weigh in on Friday I'll be back to where I was and maybe even down just a bit more than that!

Meanwhile... I have sick munchkins again, so I won't be making my last swim lesson of the session. I'm bummed. But I'll be busy... My little house elves must have taken a vacation because I have laundry to put away like you wouldn't believe, vacuuming to be done and my bedroom is a wreck. I'm very disappointed in their lack of dedication to their job. I'd fire them, but I never see them! :)

With that... I feel rejuvenated. We had a wonderful time. We thoroughly enjoyed the time driving in the car. Completely uninterrupted adult conversation. HALLELUJAH!! I love our kids, but I love kid-free, adult time too. We do a lot with our kids and take little mini vacations all the time. This time, it was our turn and it was perfect! I strongly suggest getaways, even for a day, to all couples. Couple who play together, stay together right?!




Comments

Popular Posts