Day 25 of 84 - First Hiccup

Well, it was bound to happen and this week was the week. I had a slight gain. No real reason. I've been working out, staying within my calories... but my body just decided not to cooperate this week. It's far too early in this journey for a plateau, so I know that I need to just suck it up and move on. But GRRRR!!!

It's so hard not to compare... compare how you ate before to how you eat now and say, "Wait one minute!!! I didn't gain a pound each week when I was eating like crap. Now I'm eating healthy and working out and I gain .2?!?" It's so much better when there's an explanation, "Yeah, you deserve that one. You ate out twice this week." or "Yup, girls night played a part in that one." But I don't have any of those excuses. Hmmmm... I'm journaling my food every day (25 days in a row today YAY ME!!!) but I can see that hasn't changed. My calories stick between 1400-1600 most days which I know is a good range for me usually.My sleep is pretty darn good for having a puppy who wakes twice a night. I'm working out 3 or more evenings a week. Hmmmm... *sigh*

All I can do is keep plugging along. I know what I'm doing is good for my body even if my body is not realizing it just yet. I'm wearing a pair of jeans today that I couldn't even get over my hips 3 weeks ago. So, WOOHOO!!! It's just disappointing to see the scale go the wrong way for no good reason.

With all of that said... HAPPY EARLY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! I plan to splurge a bit, but not get completely out of control. Please, treat yourself or let someone treat you. That doesn't mean letting go of your goals. It doesn't even have to be food related. We all deserve a little treat now and then... a massage, a pedicure, a new book, or even some time soaking in the tub uninterrupted! Enjoy the weekend. If you have kids, hug them a little tighter. The little buggers love holidays, EVERY holiday! Tell your significant other just one thing about them you couldn't live without. I've seen far too many bad or scary stories on Facebook lately of loved ones being lost too early. Every day we should tell them how we feel, but to me, Valentine's Day is just an extra day set aside to give a few extra hugs, kisses and I love you's without question.


Comments

Popular Posts