Day 17 of 84 - Beating the Sickies

This has been a full week of trying to overcome these nasty bugs. UGH! I got some antibiotics on Monday, but I still have a lot of pain and pressure today. I feel guilty for not working out this week so far, but it's just not even on the radar. This stuff wipes me out! I'm ready for bed by the end of the work day. It takes everything I have to make it through the evening routine with my eyes open. I have faith that these darn meds will kick in soon!!

Even though I can't get my workouts in, I'm staying on track with my eating. Okay, last night is the exception to that, but I stayed within my calories even if I didn't do it with the most appropriate choices. I splurged and still stayed within my range and enjoyed a short girls night. So, it really was a win/win.

I'm also excited to report that I measured myself on Tuesday. I was feeling a bit down because the scale was not being my friend. I keep my measurements on the progress link here. I was super excited to see that I've lost an overall of 10" in two weeks. Not bad!!! And today my big NSV (non-scale victory) is that I am wearing a pair of work pants that I haven't been able to even get on for a couple of months, but couldn't wear comfortably for a few months before that. Each time I wore them, I would unbutton the top button while in my office and then button them back up before I walked out of my office! Yeah, not a good sign!! But, today they fit perfectly. {{{HAPPY DANCE}}}

Sorry, not much exciting going on. Fighting this head crap, battling a stressful week and very proud of myself for not reaching for comfort foods for any of the above. The thought has crossed my mind! And with that... how about a look at "What's in the Bag?"

Breakfast - Lowfat Greek Yogurt & Granola

Snack - Kind Bar

Lunch - Salad-in-a-Jar... today's is a chef salad

Snack - Almonds

Dinner - Baked Cornflake Chicken Tenders & Skinny Cauliflower Tots (we'll see how this goes!)

Dessert - Doves of course!

Oh, and I almost forgot. We made Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp last week. HUGE success!!! It is on our keep list for sure. We even had some leftover sauce that I used on some chicken on Sunday. YUM!!! Here's that recipe.

I'm really enjoying trying a new recipe each week. Sometimes we try two or three. It really shakes things up and we are finding some fun, new ideas... and some not so great ones, but we are also teaching the kids to try new things at the same time!


Comments

Popular Posts