Super or Sad Scale Day?

Definitely a Super Scale Day! Fridays are still my official weigh in day and even after a 3-day binge eating weekend at the cabin over the 4th, I managed to get back on track and still shed over 3 pounds by the end of the week! I'm so happy! I finally feel like I'm a bit more in control and happy to continue on.

I'm not sure if any of you remember back to my earlier entries where I discussed my mental blocks when it came to hitting the 10 and 15 pound marks. In the past, I've always seemed to self sabotage when I got within that loss range. Well, I'm there again and for the first time in a long time I don't view my loss as "only" 10 pounds since I started back up, or only 15 pounds since the first of the year. It's different somehow. I'm not sure how to explain it. It's almost a game at this point.

I'm not sure if I said what I'm doing this time around, but I decided that WW online wasn't working for me for some reason. I just wasn't able to find the level of comitment I needed to make it work. After a 2 month hiatis from any plan and gaining back most of what I'd lost since the first of the year, I decided to make a change. A friend directed me to MyFitnessPal.com to track my running while I started training again for the rest of my summer 5Ks and after some digging I decided to try journalling my food intake there and following a basic calorie counting plan. Funny how something new can be so motivating. :) I'm officially 2 weeks in and 10.8 pounds down for a total of 15 pounds lost since the first of the year! My only regret is that I didn't re-do my pictures and measurements when I started back up again. I think I was that uncertain of myself and whether I'd be able to dust myself off and keep going.

Anyway... that's today's update! Now to go in search of fun, summer, healthy recipes so I don't have to cook in my hot house and we can try some new things. I'll be sure to share if I find anything good!

Comments

Popular Posts