A Break from the Heat

I hate doing anything physical when it's hot out! And unfortunately, that's the attitude I've had all week. I just don't do 90s with humidity. ACK! But we have a short break in the heat, so I'm hoping that the hubby and I can convince the girls to go for a little jog tonight after work. We'll see. Abby does about as well in a stroller as my cat would do in a small crate with my two large dogs... NOT HAPPY! I tried it once and once was enough. LOL But, since I'm a glutton for punishment, what the heck. If that doesn't happen, I swear I will get on the treadmill in the basement. I've also heard some good things about Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 video and I'm considering it. I could stand for something that doesn't involve major impact, but doesn't take an hour or better.

With all that said, it's been an okay week. I wasn't overly great this weekend. The hubby took the girls and headed for the in-laws. It was the first time ever! I kind of took advantage and celebrated with some not-so-great foods. Oh well, I got back on track by Sunday afternoon and hope this week turns out okay.

Since I didn't check in yesterday, I figured I'd post this week's menu a day late. Oh well... sue me! We went to the beach last night instead. LOL

Monday: Subway (you'll see this a lot on "on-the-go" days since it's my best option)
Tuesday: Sausage & Cheese Egg White Omelets with Mandarin Oranges
Wednesday: BBQ'd venison steaks, brown rice and baby sprouts
Thursday: Subway (it's t-ball night)
Friday: Chicken - how it's going to be made has yet to be discovered. I'm hoping to try something new if it's not too hot to turn on the oven.

I'd have to say the hardest thing about being creative in the summer time is that we don't have air conditioning, so turning on the stove is a major no-no. That leaves me with the bbq, some marinades/seasonings, and a lack of brain power. Plus, as you all know, the bbq is man's territory. :)

Anyway... nothing too exciting on the menu, but nothing horrible in my house right now either, so I'm forced to be a good girl. I am still not liking the image I see in the mirror. It's amazing how brutally honest we can be with ourselves and how oblivious we can be at times as well. At one point, at my highest, I honestly think the visual I had of myself was not one I was seeing in the mirror, but one I already had in my head. I just didn't register how large I was getting until one day it was like someone smacked me in the forehead with an open palm. How did I let that happen?!? Now, the transformation is slow and I have to remind myself not to slip into old habit of seeing something that isn't there. The bold truth is... 15 pounds is a good start, but quoting one of the rude comments my hubby giggled at once, "It's like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic." I'm going to have to chuck a few more 15 pound sets before it makes a big enough difference. And I will do it... a little at a time. :)

Comments

Popular Posts