Re-Introduction

It's time I re-introduced myself to everyone. Hello, my name is Lyndsay and I'm a chocoholic. :)

Okay, now that that's over and done, I guess I'll jump right in. I'm back... again! But this time I decided to wait a bit to come back. I wanted to be sure I really meant I was coming back. And I do. I've actually been doing pretty well. I decided to recommit myself after a session with my marriage counselor. I know... not the normal turn of events, but I had a solo session with him last week and let loose a lot of pent up issues I've been burying. His solution, get back to what makes me happy and find my outlet again.

When I was a kid I played every sport my parents would humor... baseball, soccer, volleyball, hockey, broomball, bar league softball (at 14 LOL), you name it and I bet I either tried it or wanted to! In high school I was all about hockey and I carried that into my first year of college. During those years I always thought I was overweight. Looking back now, I was athletic. I had a toned body, nice build, and was athletically fit. I may not have been a size 2, but I was healthy looking. Midway through my first year of college hockey I got injured, took the easy way out and transferred schools to be closer to my now hubby. I was a heart sick girl torn between her two loves and the boy won. Do I regret it? Some days. You can't get that time back, but I was too much of a thick headed young adult to listen to anyone tell me that.

Now I'm 31 years old (too soon to be 32), I've had shoulder surgery, knee surgery, carpal tunnel surgery, and I live with pain in my joints every single day. I tell myself it's because I used and abused them as a kid. The real reason is probably because I don't use them enough. So, I took my therapist's suggestion and found my outlet. Right now it's running again. I'm back at it and doing okay. I can run for 2 miles straight, so I'm improving. My ultimate goal is to get healthy and fit enough to play on the local women's hockey team this winter. I miss it. I won't lie. And I think it would be good for my heart and my mind. My hubby has his outlet and one true love and it comes around every September-January... bowhunting. It's time I got mine back. :)

Anyway... that's where I'm at. The therapist suggested that everytime I feel anxiety or loss of control to just step back and step away from the fridge. Go for a run, do some situps or pushups, or take the girls outside to play. And so far, it's worked. I also switched methods of weight loss. Instead of WW online, I'm now using MyFitnessPal.com and tracking my calories and exercise. I'm actually really liking it and I have the app for my iPhone too. Best part is it's free!! :) So, I'm a week and a half in. First week I lost just over 7 pounds and so far into the 2nd week I only gained 1 pound over the 3-day holiday weekend. I consider that success!

I'm back. And I'm going to use this board for what I initially intended it... a sounding board. I'm going to come here to vent, share, whatever. I apologize to my readers ahead of time if I start to bore you, but another thing I realized was different between me now and me 15 years ago is that I used to keep a journal. Actually, I started keeping a journal when I was 11 years old and filled notebook after notebook with my thoughts over the next 10 years. I only stopped after I was married for a year or two. So, I'm starting back up, only I'm not going to kill any trees this time around. And for the first time, my soul is an open book to whoever stumbles across this blog. Funny... people seeing pictures of my rolly-polly body doesn't worry me, but sharing my inner thoughts makes me a little nervous. But that's the point... I can't better myself until I learn to relax and let go a bit. The rest will follow... I hope!

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July weekend. Ours was fun and relaxing... just what the doctor ordered. :)

Comments

Popular Posts