Simplicity from the mind of a 3 year old

I love my older girl! Really, I love BOTH of my girls. But my Emmy makes me laugh, even when she's being dead serious. I wish I could view the world through her eyes sometimes. Everything is still so black and white. We butt heads all day long, as only two women who are so much alike can do, and the next moment she is telling me I'm the best mommy in the world.

Last night she gave me a good laugh and she couldn't figure out what I found so funny. Since she was tiny, Em has never let me be in the bathroom alone - at time I think she feared I'd go in there and be gone forever or something. As soon as she could stand, she would mimic my stepping on the scale, so we'd check to see how big she was getting and applaud (unlike when Mommy steps on the scale). As she gets older, I try not to let her see me step on the scale as much because I don't want her to think that's the only indicator to body image. Well, apparently she's not there yet!

After dinner I promised Emilee she could play her Nickelodeon Fit on the Wii. Basically, just some games that get her moving with some of her favorite Nick Jr. characters. All of a sudden I hear her very typical frustrated sigh. I ask her what's up and she just sets the Wii remote down on the tv stand and dashes for the bathroom. Okay... so she had to go. Nope! I hear her grunting and moving things around and ask what she's doing. She comes out empty handed and says that she has to get the other "thingy." Now I'm baffled. She picks up the remote and points at the tv screen. I see she's selected to do her activity with the Wii Fit Balance board instead of the remote (you can choose either). I tell her she picked the wrong one that we don't have one of those. She says, "Yes we do, Mommy, it's in the bathroom next to the potty." It took me a second. Anyone want to guess?

Yup! The scale! She argued with me as I giggled and informed her that our scale was not the same thing as a the board used for her game, but that Nana & Papa had one we would have to borrow for her to try.

I love it! The scale is a fun toy. I can live with that one. I have more of a love/hate relationship with the beast, but apparently it was all because of the way we were going about our relationship. We needed to have more FUN together! HA!!

Okay, it may have only been funny to me because of the matter of fact way that she said it and the pictures I drew up in my head, but she gave me a good giggle and went about her business. I dread the day she's too old, or too whatever to even have simple conversations like this with me. I love being the only one who can hug away the pain, make her giggle when she's mad, or sing the right songs for her at night... I don't ever want them to go away! In the meantime, since I worry about everything when it comes to my girls... my big girl is also not very satisfied with the change in food selection in the house right now. LOL Oh well!

Comments

Popular Posts