10 Pound Reward Received!



I think I'm going to like this reward system. I lost 10 pounds (and then some) and kept it off for an extra weigh in, so I went shopping with my best friend yesterday. First, I haven't bought clothes for myself in ages. Second, I'm pretty sure I was clear in a previous post about how much I like shopping. My love for shopping is even less when clothes don't fit.

This trip was actually full of happy little surprises. There are a couple of things that I do love about shopping though. I get some quality girl time and my friend is has a much better sense of style than me. Plus, she's brutally honest, so I know she won't let me walk out the door with anything hideous. Overall, we have fun and it was a great day.

In one of the stores I grabbed some capris to try on and was worried they wouldn't fit and I'd be all frustrated. To my utter surprise they were actually baggy and big in the waist. I wasn't ready to try on the next size, but I'm not too far off! Plus, I quickly learned that I was overestimating my size when it came to shirts! It's times like that when I actually enjoy shopping for myself!

It really was a great way to spend my Sunday afternoon! I managed to fulfill my reward too. I bought a new top and two new light sweaters for work. Now I can wear some of the tank tops that have been hibernating in my closet.

It really was a great weekend all the way around! Friday was pretty chill after I dropped off some stuff people bought from the girls' lacrosse fundraiser. Saturday was The Hubby's and my big date day. One of the grandmas took the kiddos overnight and The Hubby and I hit the town. Actually, we hit the tattoo shop! Can I just say I love our date nights?!?


The Hubby continued to work on his sleeve of tattoos. He got the arrow with his sisters about 6-8 months ago. His original idea was to do the bare tree around the arrow, but after talking with the tattoo artist and seeing his sketch, he decided to do the half full, half bare tree. I think it turned out pretty darn good!


My tattoo has been a bit of a labor of love over the last couple of years. I took the picture above one afternoon when I was out fishing with my dad, Emmy Lou and Abbycakes. This is a lake that I grew up on. We camped on the island as a family - I'm told I was a baby the first time they camped with me on the island. We swam, played, paddled, fished and made memories for many years on that lake. The past few years I've started taking my kids out there to fish and explore the tiny island that seemed so big when I was their age. This tattoo turned out better than I could have ever imagined! He nailed it!!

After tattoos, The Hubby and I went out for a drink and then went home just after 10pm like an old, married couple. The best part is that we got to wake up in the same bed, with no kids and no alarms. That only happens a couple times a year when he's on vacation. We celebrated our relaxing morning by The Hubby making me a yummy breakfast and then heading our separate ways. Ahhhh, the life of the busy, large family!

So, we're back in the swing of another work week. That means archery practice, Kali4Kids class, and karate classes - it's sparring week!! Plus, I have class on Thursday. Just another typical, crazy week in our house. I'm well on my way to my next reward though. I feel like I'm on the right path. As of this morning I have another pound and a half till I hit the 15 pound mark. I've got this!!!

Comments

Popular Posts