Long Time, No Post... I'm Still Here!

Happy July Everyone! Sorry to go MIA for so long. It's been a whirlwind, crazy month!

I'll start by saying that my new job is awesome and it was the best change I could have made career-wise. I love what I do, the people are fantastic and it's just been a great transition. Plus, I get to start working on my master's degree as soon as I want. I'll probably wait until spring to give us a little more time to adjust and find our groove with the new schedule and longer commute when school starts for the kids. So, I believe I will be a student again in January! YAY!!!

I can't believe it's already the 4th of July weekend! It feels like Abbycakes and Jack Jack's birthdays were just last week! We're speeding right through the summer and before I know it we'll be celebrating Emmy Lou's birthday and going back to school shopping! I'm not ready for any of that. I want to get out and enjoy the summer first!

So, how about a little update on what's been happening in our corner of the world?

Let's see... after my last post Emmy Lou and I participated in the academy belt test. She bumped up to an orange with black belt and I got my orange belt. For a solid week I was ranked higher than The Hubby... and I let him know it! *hee hee* The Hubby and Kenziebug did test later in the week and both bumped up to orange belts as well.


The following week Emmy Lou participated in a week long karate camp. She had an absolute blast! While she was at her first karate camp, little sister was at her first week of summer camp without her! Big step for Abbycakes!!! She loved it and can't wait to go back in August. By the end of the week we had two very exhausted kiddos and our first blue belt in the family!!


We also celebrated Abbycakes & Jack Jack's birthdays in early June. We now have two 6-year-olds and two 8-year-olds for another month! The kids partied like rockstars with a combined Lego themed birthday party with friends and family. Then Abbycakes celebrated kindergarten graduation and her birthday with her classmates the next day. Crazy weekend, but so fun!



 
 
The following week Kenziebug participated in a week of karate camp while Emmy Lou and Abbycakes headed off to their first week of summer school. Emmy Lou also started her first of two weeks of softball camp. She tested at the end to get her orange with black belt. Both big kids officially outrank the parents!!


I need to stop here and say that my husband is the most amazing man ever! He dropped off and picked up kids all over town all week long, including running K & J to their baseball games in the evening three nights, 30 minutes away. Our kids are beyond lucky he's home with them and willing to carry such a crazy schedule. All of them had an awesome week! What a way to kick off the summer!

Speaking of baseball... it kicked into full swing (pun intended) in early June. Jack Jack is in t-ball, Kenziebug is on an intro to baseball team and Abbycakes and Emmy Lou are both is softball - two different teams just to keep it extra interesting. Needless to say we are running every which direction right now. Emmy Lou practices on Sundays and Tuesdays and plays a doubleheader every Wednesday. Kenziebug plays Tuesdays and Thursdays with Jack Jack in the middle on Wednesdays (they both play in a different town as well) and Abbycakes plays Tuesdays and Thursdays as well. The Hubby and I are basically saying hi and bye to each other in passing most of the week. (We need a pic of Kenziebug which I will add next week. The Hubby didn't realize he hadn't gotten on yet - and with the schedule I can't get to her games - that's the biggest bummer... missing games!)

 Jack Jack getting serious!

 Abbycakes at bat and Emmy Lou catching - Abbycakes's coach is 
awesome and lets Lou help out when she's there. She eats it up!

 Emmy Lou is #12 - She's learning fast on the 10U team this year! 
Big changes from last year, including player pitch instead of coach pitch!

 Proud mama when my baby donned the gear!! 
I would love to see one of the girls enjoy catching as much as I did!

Goofball snuggling up to me to keep warm at her 
rainy, windy, 40-degree game!
 
Thankfully the season wraps up this month, so we'll be able to relax a bit more in August. Emmy Lou is also still going to karate when we can get her there with plans to get enough classes to test in September for her blue with black stripe belt.

Unfortunately, all of the running and craziness has given me far too many excuses to eat horribly and put my training on the back burner. *sigh* My choice! Needless to say things have been going downhill quickly. The good news is that the girl I started with at work (there were two positions created out of the one position that opened up, so we were hired together for two separate, similar positions) is feeling the same way as me, so we are determined to make changes starting after the 4th. She's a runner, so we plan to run together when we can, take walks on break and even hit up the wellness center for workouts and an occasional rock climb when we can as well. Plus, the wellness center offers fitness classes!! I have all of the tools, I just need to use them.

My summer race schedule changed a bit too. At this point I'm planning to do the swim portion of the triathlon with a team of three in mid-July. Then the three of us are participating in a triathlon (individually) in August. We're doing a family fun run the same weekend I'm doing the team triathlon. The Hubby is also participating in the Strong Man contest and the big girls are doing the kids tri. Big weekend! Half-marathon training will commence next week as well. The Hubby and I are planning to do the Whistlestop half. It's been four years since I've done a half, but I'm determined to do it this year! I'm also planning to sign up for Grandma's half marathon next year. I've cheered on friends for years, it's time I join them! As for the rest of this year... I'll do the triathlon in August, a 9-miler in September and the half marathon in October. Throw in a few fun runs and that's my summer!

Due to the crazy kid schedule, I've also finally caved to the fact that I will need to run in the mornings if I want to get it done. I'm exhausted by the time we're done running around at night and even when I plan to go, something always seems to come up. So, my friend/neighbor who runs with a group some mornings has hooked me up and I'm going for my first VERY early morning run with her group on Wednesday morning. EEK!!! I'm also doing a couple open water swims this weekend for the first time! Time to step it up a bit!!

I think that's it. Just when you think life is busy, it get busier! We're having a blast though. The kids are having a great summer and The Hubby and I are enjoying seeing it all through them! I have so many memories from my summers as a kid. I hope our kids are making many to hold onto as well! This weekend we will add to the memory bank with a 4th of July weekend at the cabin as an entire family (the only year that will happen due to custody arrangements) followed by a trip to see more family and friends on Monday for the holiday! We're packing a ton of holiday fun into one weekend!! Then, in two weeks we will head out for the weekend of races and fun. I love summer!!

My goal after the holiday is to get back on THM, hit my planning training workouts and check in here at least twice a week! Stay tuned!!!

Comments

Popular Posts