Facing Fears & Babbling

Well, it's Thursday and I'm down 8.6 pounds since Monday. Gotta love that first week after binging for a month! It's all bloat and water weight. I know it'll slow to a snail's pace next week and remain that way, but I'm happy to see that my body isn't holding onto my poor decisions. I'm back to where I've been hovering for the past month with every intention of not hovering this time.

In other news, it's officially official! Our team has filled out the registration form, complete with t-shirt sizes, and the payment will be dropped off at the chamber office for the triathlon this month. My heart did a little stutter step when I emailed my sister-in-law back with my t-shirt size. Scared is probably a pretty solid understatement at this point. Swimming is the only unknown for me in a triathlon, so while I'm glad I'm going to get it out of the way before I do a full tri next month, I'm nervous as hell!

Go ahead, ask it! What am I going to do about that fear? I'm going to face it head on and kick it's butt! Tonight I'm going swimming after work. The girls are with their dad tonight, so The Hubby even said he would go with me. I'll push myself because I have two other people depending on me succeeding at this. When I want to stop and take a break, I'll remind myself that swimming in the pool is MUCH easier than swimming in a lake and I'd better suck it up. Then I'll do it again on Sunday!


In other news, we have four very excited little kids. Well, let me back up. First we had four very sad kids and a dad with mixed feelings. The Hubby decided it was time to sell his 1978 Ford truck. It was a sad day for all of us. Lots of memories and Lewis (the truck) was a good truck. There were just a few problems... First, we all didn't fit in him. Heck, even if The Hubby and I were home with two kids, we couldn't all ride in it. The only time he was driven was when The Hubby was home alone, going for a short ride with two of the kids (now that they are in boosters, we wouldn't take them on long rides in him because the middle belt was only a lap belt), or just the two of us. He was getting driven less and less. Plus, I sadly had to admit one sad day last summer that I can't drive him anymore. My knee can't handle the stiff clutch.

So, last week The Hubby came to me and explained his thoughts about parting with Lewis to get a few things the whole family can enjoy. As the kids sadly waved goodbye as Lewis drove away - all four kids got the biggest kick out of riding in that old truck - The Hubby announced to them that we were going to buy them a small four wheeler. True to his word, the girls and him went shopping today and loaded a new, youth ATV into the trailer to take home!


I also bought a new toy to have fun while doing some cross training. The kids love it. We are the proud owners of a kayak! We have a rain check for a second one. I found a great deal, but the store was out of them. With four kids, or even just The Hubby and I, it makes sense to have two. The big girls loved that we gave them some freedom at the lake and let them paddle around and even take the little ones on little rides!



It's been a big summer of our kids finding out how much fun it is to be a big kid! Kayak fun, a new four wheeler (although that one will be highly supervised and will require lots of training - can I just say I love that it comes with remote kill, so I can shut it down without making them come to me?!?), riding in the back of a truck and throwing candy in the 4th of July parade on Monday, and all four playing ball.

Abbycakes also finally got her good behavior reward. She went the whole school year with only one warning from her teacher, so she got to pick one special thing she wanted. She said she wanted her hair dyed like Sissy, so last night she got her wish!


Some days I look at our kids and wonder where the time went! Our little ones were babies when we met and now they are KIDS! I love the stage they are at and often reassure my co-worker, who has a 4 year old and 8-month old, that it will get better and it's so much easier when they are independent. As much as I miss the baby stage, I love how much fun we have as a family!

Alright, enough rambling from me. Lunch is over and it's time to get back to work! Tonight we're trying a new shrimp recipe, so I'll hopefully have a review for all of you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts