Fair Food, Fast Food and Beer... UGH!

Yup! All of the above were my undoing this weekend. What an awesome weekend it was!! I'll back up a little bit though...

Last week wasn't as stellar of a week as I was hoping when it came to being healthy and active. It was a busy week. What week isn't though?! Emmy Lou finally made her way back to karate after a three-week hiatus. I'm anxious for the rest of us to return as well! She also wrapped up her first season of 10U softball on Wednesday by getting rained out after the first game of their doubleheader. She had a great year though!! As busy as we were, I'm sad to see it done so soon!

Abbycakes has another week of softball left next week. She's doing pretty well on the 8U team, even though she's the youngest on the team! Kenziebug will wrap up her season this week and says she will definitely play again next year. Jack Jack has one more week of t-ball and also said he will definitely play again next year. So, it looks like we will have another crazy, busy summer next year!

Emmy Lou and Abbycakes also wrapped up four weeks of summer school on Friday. They loved it! This was the first year we did it and both had a blast! I was beyond happy it worked out because that was four weeks of free childcare for this mama!

So, this weekend we headed over to Bay Days in Ashland. We try to get over there every year. I can vividly remember the first one I went to four years ago! I went to watch The Hubby in the Strong Man Competition before we were officially dating. Oh the early days.... *sigh*

This year we stayed in the hotel with the kids, had cousins over to swim and play, and enjoyed the festival events. Saturday we all cheered on The Hubby and a fellow fire fighter friend in the Strong Man.

I need to get the real pics off of my big camera!
 
The next day my team and the two big girls were supposed to participate in triathlons. Due to poor water quality after some major flooding the week before, they cancelled the swimming portion of both the adult and kids' triathlons, so we all did duathlons. I had a blast though! My brother-in-law competed and it was his first duathlon.



My sister-in-law, a friend and I made up the team, Three Legged Chickens, for the duathlon and since I wasn't swimming, I ran the first leg of the race. I feel bad, I had it easy!! I only had to run a mile. It was a good mile though!!


We took 2nd in the teams division. Of course, there were only two teams competing. But, hey, second place is second place baby! We got trophies!!


It was fun! Brother-in-law came in 8th overall, I believe, and first in his age bracket. That one is legit!

That afternoon the big kids got to run, bike and run some more too. They did awesome! The smiles at the end tell the whole story!


The two little ones even did some big wheel racing to round out the weekend of competition for our family. Everyone had a great time and everyone was sufficiently exhausted by the time we hit the road to eventually make our way home.

First we made a pit stop to drop a very excited, very nervous Emmy Lou off for a week of Girl Scout camp! We spent WEEKS planning, buying and packing stuff for her big week away. I hope she's having fun and I can't wait to pick her up on Friday and hear all about it!

Until then... I'll stay busy this week. Emmy Lou is at camp, Abbycakes is staying with Nana and Papa at the cabin, K & J are with their mom and The Hubby is working off and on... I am running, biking, swimming and working extra hours so I can head to the cabin Thursday afternoon to start a long weekend with my girls!! I'm already missing my girls, but I know it'll be a fun week for them and a busy week for me. The Hubby and I are even planning to work in a day of karate to make sure we remember what we need to remember by the time we return next month!

Okay... who am I kidding?!? Bring on Thursday afternoon!!! I'm ready for a long weekend already!

Comments

Popular Posts