Morning Journaling - Day 2

 

Morning Journal 6/3/22

No major changes over the last 24 hours. It's Friday, I have half a day of vacation and we are headed out to camp and go to graduation parties this weekend. I will continue to listen to my body, read the cues, and stay hydrated. Traveling is hard, but I've got this!!

GOAL:  

By July 1st my goal for my health is to be happier with myself, who I am and how I look, and I will feel more confident in moving ahead toward bigger goals. I will strive for this goal because I want that happiness, I want to enjoy every nice day and not fear wearing shorts because my legs are not pretty. I want to enjoy life and time with my family and friends without the internal monologue of negativity in my head. Therefore, I will not listen to the voice in my head that is telling me lies, or making me doubt my abilities. I will counter it with positive thoughts.

My realistic and doable next best step(s) to help me get there today is to...

Listen to my body, not my emotional, irrational side, but my actual body. Am I really hungry or am I tired/bored/frustrated/depressed? I will envision myself doing what I set out to do - manifesting what I want to achieve. Practice using positive thoughts to not only acknowledge the negative thoughts, but counter them or eliminate them.

Any thoughts or feelings I'd like to work through that might be getting in my way:

Thoughts that aren't serving me: 

I'm so fat
My butt is huge
My legs look like cottage cheese
Failure
Loser
Ugly
I suck!
Why try?
I'm sure they are making comments about me.
I don't what _______ to see me like this.
They think I'm hideous.
I already ate bad today, might as well keep going
Go ahead and eat that, it won't matter
I have no willpower.
I hate being like this.
Why did I do this to myself

 

Thoughts that better serve me:

I can do this!
Chin up, I've got this.
My body can do amazing things.
I am the one who can change things
Don't give up.
I'm worth it.
I can put myself first.
Don't think about what others say.
You are loved.
You are wanted.
One bad day does not mean it's a bad life.
I have a lot to offer.
I am in control.
I can make a change.


Feelings that aren't servings me:



Feelings that I want to feel:


 

Today is a busy day with new student orientations all day (and the next couple of weeks), so I will be busy. I need to make sure that busy does not include making excuses or making poor decisions. But, if I'm not perfect today, that's okay too. I will get there.

Comments

Popular Posts