Morning Journal: Day 4 & School's Out!!!

 

Good morning! Today, I'm going to journal a little differently. I'm going to add to my journal a reflection. I need to list 3-5 things that went well for me the day before. That way, I can see the progress each day, even if they are small successes! So, here goes!

Morning Journal 6/7/22

Two birthdays, a graduation party, and a camping weekend... that's what the last 7 days have held in store for me as far as challenges go. Last Wednesday kid #3 turned 12 and today, kid #4 hit the same milestone (blended family - our two littles are 6 days apart). Temptations over the past week have been at a peak, and I can't say that I've been perfect because that would be a lie. But!!!!! Yes there is a but.

BUT... I have been trying to eat just to a level of satisfaction, instead of stuffed, and I have crushed my step goal 6 out of 7 of the last days. Yesterday I had almost 15,000 steps!!! This is HUGE for me since I usually struggle to walk through the grocery store for the time it takes to get everything we need.

I know my step goal is low, which is okay for where I'm at pain-wise right now. Most days I struggle to hit my goal, so to hit it 6 out of 7 days is a huge success for me.

GOAL:  

My goal remains the same this week... 

By July 1st my goal for my health is to be happier with myself, who I am and how I look, and I will feel more confident in moving ahead toward bigger goals. I will strive for this goal because I want that happiness, I want to enjoy every nice day and not fear wearing shorts because my legs are not pretty. I want to enjoy life and time with my family and friends without the internal monologue of negativity in my head. Therefore, I will not listen to the voice in my head that is telling me lies, or making me doubt my abilities. I will counter it with positive thoughts.

My realistic and doable next best step(s) to help me get there today is to...

Listen to my body, not my emotional, irrational side, but my actual body. Am I really hungry or am I tired/bored/frustrated/depressed? This is my main focus this week. Listen to my body and feel the feels... is my body giving me true signs that I'm hungry or am I eating for another reason?? It's time my body and I get better acquainted with each other.

I will also envision myself doing what I set out to do this week - manifesting what I want to achieve. Practice using positive thoughts to not only acknowledge the negative thoughts, but counter them or eliminate them.

Three positive things from yesterday:

  1. I had over 14,000 steps yesterday, almost all of them before 8pm.
  2. I listened to my body yesterday and did not eat just because. I wasn't super hungry at dinner, but also didn't want to make multiple meals, so I had more of a snack for dinner and I was okay with that.
  3. Even with all of the running around due to New Student Orientation, I managed to stay hydrated and avoided snacking between sessions!

Three things I can work on today:

  1. No snacking after 9pm - I'm not hungry, I'm just craving!
  2. More water, less soda!
  3. Stick to the plan - dinner and cake. No need to go beyond that.

 

Today was also my two's last day of school. Our other two were done last week. So, we are officially on to 10th grade and 7th grade for the two in our home school district and 9th and 7th for our other two. Plus, we now have two teens and two tweens. Hold on tight, I think we are in for a bit of a bumpy ride over the next couple of years. It's been far too smooth so far!


 

Comments

Popular Posts