Why Does September Have To Go So Fast???

Seriously!?! This is my favorite month. Fall is my favorite season. So, why does it have to go so fast?! I know... maybe it has something to do with packing the entire month full to the gills with weekend fun and weeknight workouts?? Could be!!

Take this week for example...

This past weekend Emmy Lou, Abbycakes and I headed to the cabin for a weekend of fun with Nana and Papa. Saturday Nana and I took my two and their cousin, who is the same age as Emmy Lou, to Valleyfair (think Six Flags-type park) in the Twin Cities, which had switched over to it's Halloween theme - ValleySCARE. It was a 14 hour round trip, but it was full of giggles and fun!

 Excited girls!!!

My favorite pic from the photo booth! 
The zombie is grabbing Emmy Lou's face and Abbycakes has a total 
"don't mess with me" face. M even has a perfect scared look!

We were exhausted by the time we got home and well into Sunday, but it was so fun! By Sunday afternoon we were happy to get out and chill on the lake, so my brother took the three little girls and I out for a couple of hours in the boat. We didn't slay them, but everyone caught something and we all loved getting out!! I've had my fishing license all summer and this was the first time the weather and transportation has cooperated on the same day!


Then it was suddenly Monday again! Weekends go much too fast, but like I said, I believe that plays a big part in why September seems to be going by at warp speed!! This week is another busy week, but it leads right up to another fun weekend, so bring it on!

Tonight is karate for the kids. The Hubby and I are skipping since we have a friend stopping by tonight. Tomorrow is karate for the kids and two hours of muay thai for me! Wednesday is karate for everyone and Thursday is karate for the kids and The Hubby and some more muay thai for me.

Then BOOM it's Friday. The best part about this particular Friday is that it's the kick off to GIRLS WEEKEND!!! My two best friends and I are heading out of town for a 3-day weekend and we are all beyond ready.

I'm excited to try out the actual muah thai class tomorrow. I really liked the fitness class, so I'm curious to try the other one and see how well that goes!


The Monday after girls weekend starts an activity challenge at work. I've signed up for lunch time fitness classes, so we will see how that goes. The college is competing against the city and county offices into November. The group with the highest number of activity minutes wins. My office neighbor and I are joining the challenge for motivation! That also means I'll be focusing on my food more to put my full efforts into everything for a couple of months. I have one long weekend trip with The Hubby and Halloween to battle through, but it's time!! I have lost all control!!!

That means it's time to start looking for new recipes to try!!! Plus, with the weather turning cooler, I'm so excited to break out the crockpot and the soup recipes!! I have to say, that's probably the only good thing about next week being the end of September... ALREADY! *sigh*

Comments

Popular Posts