Good Pain!


It's a good pain! It's a good pain! I groan when I get up out of my desk chair... I feel like a complete wimp, but I love it!! Last night was my second night of double muay thai classes and I'm feeling the aftermath. There is something so therapeutic about punching and kicking until you are literally dripping sweat!



I also have my first bruises, which I'm pretty darn proud of! Yup, I've completely lost my mind, but it's okay. The results of those bruises is that I learned to correct the way I was holding the pads for others to kick rather quickly. Not quickly enough, but lesson learned!! I'll know what not to do next time!

In other news, the sickies have been making their way through our house. Last week The Hubby was recovering from a big, bad bug that hit him the week before. I believe K & J brought it home from school because they were both all stuffy and snotty the last day we had them. I would be surprised if The Hubby's but wasn't one of the first bouts of influenza though. That, or he may have had pneumonia. Either way, I'm glad he's mostly over it. It's been a slow, uphill battle back to feeling human again!

Then, yesterday, Emmy Lou stayed home with a yucky tummy. By the time I got home she was coughing and hacking and had a stuffy head. I'm hoping we can keep this one from settling into her lungs. My poor big kid struggles so much with her asthma during the school year! She is my child who I would put into a bubble from September till May if I could!!

So, update on last night's dinner! We had sweet & sour chicken with fried rice. We already had the fried rice recipe, but this was our first run with the chicken recipe. It will officially be moved to the THM Keepers board on my Pinterest.


I've actually seen the same recipe posted on a few different sites, which is why I finally decided to give it a try. All four kids cleared their plates, so I'd say it's kid friendly. There was a little push back at first glance, but that was about it! Two of the four asked for seconds on the rice too!

With the rice, this is more of a crossover meal for those following THM. Cooking the chicken in coconut oil and then serving with rice means that the fat and the carbs are both higher. I forgot to check by book, but with the amount of rice I ate (about 1/2 a cup), it may be an S helper instead of a Crossover. Either way... It was a bit higher on both sides than I would usually have when I'm really trying hard to stay on track. It sure was yummy though and still completely okay to eat!! 

Tonight is pasta and homemade meatballs. Mmmmm!!! The kids and adults all have karate today, so we'll be rotating people for dinner. Mondays and Wednesdays are our tough nights until after Kenziebug moves up to the intermediate karate class in December. We've got a pretty slick system though! We make sure everyone eats (of course) and everyone has time to get their homework done - with parent help! Some nights I swear there just aren't enough hours in the day! Although, week days that go quickly bring weekends faster! (I'm sorry if I sounded like a fortune cookie!) Hurry up Friday!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts