My Thrive Journey Has Begun!


In honor of it being a new month, and my busiest month by far, I decided to try something new. Now, before you all roll your eyes at me, hear me out. I'm not going to push anything on anyone or expect my friends to all start buying something just because they have the misfortune of being my friend. I just want to share a bit about my experience.

After over a year of hearing about a product called Thrive, I decided to give it a shot. I've had a few Facebook friends who have talked to me about it in the past and I've just sort of shrugged it off and passed on it. Then a friend of mine from high school started posting her stories and updates since starting Thrive and I became a bit more intrigued.

I already admitted it, but I've been struggling. My body and overall feeling has just be very blah! After talking with this friend for several days, I tuned in when they did a Facebook presentation and afterward I learned I had won a 7-day trial.

I'm being completely and totally honest when I say, I wasn't expecting anything. Even my friend told me she wasn't sold on it until about half way through her first month. I mainly just wanted to see if I had any issues with the patches or if I liked the shake. After seven days in a row of using the product... I can honestly say that I'm impressed with my findings.

Here's the gist of it. Tuesday after Labor Day weekend I woke up, took my two pills "before my feet hit the floor" and then got up and went about my normal morning routine. While getting dressed, I put on my DFT patch. Then I finished getting ready and grabbed my shake for the road. This wasn't a huge change for me. I already made a shake every morning and it didn't alter my morning routine at all!

In those seven days, I kicked off the school year at home with my two girls, kicked off a new school year on my home campus for work, traveled three hours away to welcome new students at our other campus (with an overnight stay in a hotel and two days of orientation), kicked out one last karate class, an intense karate belt test and ate out 5 out of 7 of those days due to being on the road and/or celebrating my birthday.

The results... I didn't gain an ounce that entire week - which is HUGE after spending the last month or so gaining several pounds each weekend, only to lose a few ounces with my hard work during the week. I didn't have control over much of my food options and they weren't good options, so I am beyond shocked that I didn't gain another 5-10 pounds like I was fully expecting!

I also had so much more energy. My days were long and my nights were short, yet I didn't feel the effects like I had been the few weeks prior. Prior to this 7-day trial I was depending on 1-2 cups of coffee a day to get me through my work days, so I was very worried about the long drive to and from the orientation, but I felt great!! I even had enough energy to go to my karate class as I pulled back into town after those two crazy days of orientation!! I was floored.

The overall blahs were gone. I felt so much more balanced and just refreshed. I was far less bloated. Basic daily aches and pains decreased and I felt GOOD! I felt like me again!! It was even clear to my partner in crime at work that I was feeling more refreshed.

There was still a part of me that was skeptical... Until today. Today is day is day four back to my normal daily life and what I felt the last week was not a lie! The last few days I've struggled! I still feel good mentally. I've just felt blah again... tired, achy again, and the cravings are back. Oh did I forget that one??? My cravings for caffeine and sugar went out the window last week!! They came back in the door this week, though! Today, I'm back on two of the three things with Thrive - the capsules and the shake (I screwed up my initial order, so I'm getting my patches on Saturday) and I feel a difference again. I really can't argue with the facts of it all!

So, I'm sold!! I bought another 30 days worth as a birthday present to myself on Monday, plus some extra product and I'm looking forward to seeing how I feel in another month! I also signed up as a promoter. I'm a firm believer of promoting things that I feel help. This helped me. It wasn't all in my head. It was real and I'll share info with anyone who asks. I won't shove it down people's throats, but I will share if you like. I'll share my experience, my friend's experience, future clients' experiences. And if ever there comes a time where I don't feel it's doing it's thing afterall... I will move on and be happy for the happy feeling!

Overall, my goal with this is to pair it up with a healthy lifestyle. Use Thrive to balance out my body and provide nutritional, overall health. Plus, I'll hopefully utilize the decrease in cravings to help me focus on my eating habits again.

One more exciting thing to add... I finally, after a couple of months of someone trying to talk me into it, tried Muay Thai last night after my karate class. It's a form of martial arts much like kickboxing (easiest way to explain it). Our academy offers it as a belt program - like karate where you can learn it in levels, then test and advance by belt - or as a fitness class. I tried the fitness class last night and really liked it. I'll definitely go back. Next week the plan is to try the belt class and hopefully start down another path in my martial arts journey. The awesome thing about this, is that it is an intense workout and I NEED that!

So, as of right now, I'm excited for what the rest of September holds in store for me. It's time to get back on track and make some big changes. I believe I'm ready to do that. Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular Posts