I Am SOOOO Out Of Shape!

I keep reminding myself that today's pain is a GOOD pain, but Oh My Good Golly Gee Wiz do I hurt! I have sore muscles that I didn't even know existed. Honestly, though, it is a good pain. It's a pain that tells me that I'm on the right track to making the changes I want to make in my body.

Things have gotten out of control. The fat pants somehow made their way back into my closet and I'm less than impressed! Last night I was so proud of myself for not just heading home after the girls left karate with their dad. I had an hour to kill and actually considered grabbing drive through and vegging on the couch. I didn't! That's a total NSV right there!!! It's been a while since I could claim one of those!

Nope, I hung out and hit up my first Muay Thai class. Then I didn't feel punished enough, so I hung around for the Muay Thai fitness class right after. It was an absolutely awesome workout. Hitting stuff has a way of relieving stress in a hurry. The workouts were a challenge and I was sweating so bad in both classes that I was leaving sweat drop marks on the floor! I am so paying for it today... and tomorrow too I'm sure, but I'm choosing to believe the statement below...


Even though I'm sore, I felt/feel amazing and I want to go back on Thursday! I slept like a baby too! There's something about a solid workout that stops you from pulling through the drive thru too. I suddenly didn't want to ruin my hard work with a container of french fries. Funny how that works.

I REALLY like food though. Shocker right?!


Well, it's true! I love food. Far more than I should!! I especially like goodies... not carrots or peas or cucumbers. It's so not fair. At least I know I'm definitely not alone in my struggles.

So, since I know myself and I know my triggers and temptations, I have started looking for some new snack and treat ideas to stay on the right track. I know that I won't be 100% on track over girls weekend. Wine is definitely okay here and there, but a wine tour with samples, followed by dinner on day one... yeah, that's not a very promising atmosphere! So, I want some new ideas for meals as we kick everything into high gear next week.

Here's my first idea...

 

I love chocolate covered almonds! They are by far one of my greatest weaknesses. I'm excited to try these out! I'll have to tweak her recipe a bit to make it more THM friendly, but it's definitely doable! I'm also planning to make my own granola to go with my greek yogurt. I'm still on the search for the perfect recipe though.

I have some more prep work to do for next week, but I fully intend on eating food because I love it... but in a better manner. Trim Healthy Mama is a great way for me to do that, so I'll be going back to basics with my old friend!

Comments

Popular Posts