My THRIVE update!

If you've been reading my posts lately, you know that I am doing a test run with THRIVE.The 4-1-1 on THRIVE is 3-step process that helps fill nutritional voids in your system. After reading a friend's story and watching her journey, I decided to give it a solid try and bought the 8-week THRIVE Experience. I take two capsules before my feet hit the floor in the morning, put on my DFT patch and drink my morning shake. That's it.

So, how are things going?

I've done the 3-step process most mornings over the last couple of weeks, but every day this week (I didn't use any product while I was on vacation last weekend). Here's what I've found so far...
  • Less overall aches and pains - Aside from a new injury that I'm dealing with, my daily overall ughs have backed off. They aren't gone, but they haven't been overwhelming.
  • Mornings don't suck - This week my snooze button has only been hit ONCE every morning, instead of three or four times. That's a pretty big victory for me, just ask The Hubby. I get up right away and wake up pretty quickly, instead of dragging tail through my morning process.
  • Gut health - I feel like my overall gut health is a lot more regular. I'm not swinging from one end of the spectrum to the other with tummy troubles.
  • Controlled appetite - I'm not as hungry as I would assume I should be. I don't watch the clock to my next meal and I'm not thinking about food, especially treats, non-stop. 
  • Lack of cravings - I haven't raided the kids' treat bucket ONCE this week. I went from overindulging this past weekend to cutting sugar cold turkey and I feel awesome! I haven't had a dessert every evening like I have in the past and I haven't felt the need to end every meal on a sweet note. Another HUGE challenge for me.
Let's be fair... this stuff may be saving me from some serious withdrawal symptoms.


Remember that awesome little list I posted back in June last year. If not, check it out here. Without reposting all of them, I can tell you I'm currently suffering from the following:
  1. Headache - although, not as intense or as non-stop as it has been in the past.
  2. Grogginess - YES!! My body is missing it's caffeine!
  3. Irritability - HA! Yeah, I've got this one in spades. My poor hubby!
  4. Poor Concentration - Hee hee... My ADD is in full swing today... and yesterday.
  5. Sleepiness - Oh Mylanta, YES! I could hardly hold my eyes open last night after work and I feel the same today. It's funny because I was quite full of energy on Monday and Tuesday. That is long gone.
The original list had more items and I am happy to report I'm not suffering from all of them, at least not today!

Overall, I'm feeling good. While mentally and emotionally I've been a wreck this week, I've been working hard to balance myself back out. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there!

Oh and just to rewind a bit, my new injury isn't super new. My hip has been bugging me, but last night I went to the chiropractor and my adjustment irritated it a bit, so it's really angry today. I want to go to muay thai tonight, but we'll see. Diagnosis right now is a pulled groin and overall strain that is probably irritating the bursa. She says rest will help. I suck at rest!! Especially when I'm in a movement challenge right now. So... we'll play it by ear. I didn't go to karate last night, but I soooo want to go to muay thai. Hitting things has helped with the irritability mentioned above! It's all about decided what is most important... sanity or the ability to walk without a limp. Jury's still out!!

Tonight will be Cheeseburger Pie with green beans. Karate for adults and kids and hopefully muay thai for me. Another busy night, but Friday is right around the corner!

Comments

Popular Posts