Rollercoaster Week For Sure

 

That, right there, is a PERFECT depiction of my past week in a nutshell, folks!!

Let's start back at the beginning... I finally had my one year check in with my weight loss doc last Thursday. Holidays, rescheduling and conflicts resulted it the appointment being bumped a couple of times, but I finally made it!

I'll be honest, I was scared out of my mind to go in. I couldn't remember what my weight and measurements were the last time I saw him and I solidly gained in both areas over the holidays. Even though I jumped back on track right away after New Year's, I had my doubts with all of the post-holiday temptations still winning here and there.

Great news! I even surprised myself at my appointment. I was down two pounds and a solid inch on my waist after celebrating THREE holidays between visits! He was very impressed with my progress, especially when I explained that I was up seven pounds from my final weigh in at one point after Christmas.


My appointment was definitely a pleasant start to a pretty great weekend! After the appointment we picked up all of the kids and hit the road to cash in our final family Christmas present... A 2-night stay at the new Great Wolf Lodge in Bloomington, MN!

They made stuffies and bracelets...


They became Master Magis after a full day of playing MagiQuest (so much fun for everyone!)...


And they went swimming, mining, gaming in the arcade... They even made time for a stop at the spa for some glitter tattoos!


Absolutely awesome mini-vacation had by all! The only downfall was that Mama was sick and only got sicker. By Friday night my voice was gone and I felt like a pile of dragon poo (see pics above for the dragon reference lol). As we headed north after check out on Saturday I was done cooked. I had chills, cough, headache, body aches, runny eyes, and just felt miserable. Honestly, I think it was sheer Mama Mojo, and awesome tag teaming with The Hubbby, that got me through the full day of go-go-go on Friday with all four kiddos. We all put on over 7 miles - all inside the hotel - and that doesn't count the waterpark where I couldn't wear my watch... except that one time... oops! It survived.

We hung out at the cabin Saturday evening, overnight, and half the day on Sunday before leaving Emmy Lou and Abbycakes with Nana and Papa and headed home with the other two and the two dogs. Can I just say Thank God for Nana and Papa?? Best dog and kidsitters around! The two girls didn't have school Monday, so Nana and Papa kept them overnight. Turns out that worked well for Mama because I stayed home Monday because I was STILL sick, so I had help either way.

Good news, it was not influenza or strep throat! Just my friend Bronchitis, with a few nagging buddies, but I'm on the mend now. I'm still exhausted, but on the good side of things. Considering all the crap that's going around, I'm just happy to still be upright.

From there, it was back to work, hockey and karate. I've had to bow out of karate all week because of the crud and homework, but the kids have gone. Oh yeah... and school. UGH! School! Getting back into that swing has been no easy feat. I may have had a slight meltdown last night, my poor hubby, but I'm going to blame my other good friend, PMS, for that one. I was a wreck last night.


I have to say that most of the time I have it all together. Our crazy schedule doesn't get to me too much. I can go with the flow and make accommodations on the fly. I think I just hit my boiling over point last night. Work is crazy, school is... yeah. So, I was just a little too overwhelmed. I'm back in my car on the crazy train now, instead of hanging off the side and the ride has once again moved forward. It wasn't my first freak out session and it won't be my last. I just really hope I can find my stride with this new MBA program.

So, as you can see, that first video is beyond accurate. The last week started with smiles, but it got ugly. It's all good though... tonight is pizza night with Nana & Papa and friends. I'm going to have a beer and some pizza and enjoy the laughs. Tomorrow is Pond Hockey for Abbycakes (big outdoor hockey tournament) and then I'm going to babysit one of the cutest baby boys ever, our nephew. The Hubby and I even have a planned date night on Saturday. WOOHOO!! Sunday is all about homework. Yippee!! But I have a plan! Oh and I totally plan to get back into the gym Sunday morning. I think part of my little freak out session was a lack of outlet. I need to outlet!!

Remember ladies and gents... take care of yourself. Listen to your bodies. If you're sick, rest. If you're overwhelmed... take a break, talk, whatever. I'm horrible about putting myself first sometimes, but obviously my body got sick of that and demanded it. Hopefully, next time I won't let it get that far. Plus, food isn't a solution to anything... so, it's time to stop substituting shakes and fries for shaking my bootie and frying these fat cells in the gym! Time to do some self evaluating and planning. Next week is going to be ALL SMILES!

Comments

Popular Posts