Goodbye 2017, Hello 2018!

It's hard to believe that winter break is officially over tomorrow. Sadness in our house today for sure! I've been off for 12 1/2 days and the kids have been off for 12. We've had so much fun that it's just hard to see it end. On the other hand, I'm thankful to get back to our normal routine. It's also been over two weeks since I've been to the dojo or the gym. Time to get back at it!

I've been doing a little "out with the old, in with the new" today. After taking the girls to see Ferdinand, and hitting Walmart for some groceries and project supplies for Emmy Lou, I came home and did some garbage tossing! Leftover Christmas cookies either went into the freezer, or the garbage. Other junk foods met the latter fate. As I put groceries away, naughty foods were tossed to make space. It felt GREAT! My willpower seemed to have gone on vacation the same day I did. NOT GOOD!

We're back in the swing of things though. I had a good day today and, while I have a massive headache from the lack of sugar/caffeine today, I feel dang good! I didn't get to the gym, but I got my sweat on by cleaning the house and doing some much needed household chores! It was a good start to the new year.

Looking back over the past week and a half... we really packed it all in. We saw all sides of the family (three sets of parents), laughed so hard we cried, chatted, played games and watched the kids enjoy every minute of the magic and fun. It started with Christmas at Andy's mom's on Saturday, December 23rd and ended with our annual New Year's Eve celebration at the cabin this past weekend. The girls said it best, "No matter how long we are here, it always sucks when we have to go home."

Christmas was amazing. The kids all enjoyed their gifts. They were spoiled, as usual! The Hubby gets five gold stars for this year's gifts! I got the new karate bag I needed/wanted. I also got a new baby...


Meet Lucy! I call her Mustache Lucy because she has almost a perfect white mustache. She's a total cuddlebug and the perfect addition to our crazy family. I'm in love!!

A couple of days after Christmas I got my final gift. It was a bit delayed, but totally worth the wait. The Hubby signed me up for a year of receiving a FitFabFun box. I made a video while opening this first one. I just need to get it uploaded. I'll also give a little feedback on the products as I use them. I'm loving the ones I've used so far. He says I'll get one quarterly. I can't tell you how fast I hope the next few months go!

I'll share more later. I'd like to do a post to recap our holiday break because I love looking back on those posts. I think this is one of the first year's I haven't started my post off with how much I need to change. I really don't. While I wasn't well behaved over the break, I have no interest in staying here. I feel miserable after all of the rich foods and drinks. Nope, this girl cannot wait to get back to her regular workouts and planned meals.


It was fun 2017! I had a great year. We wrapped it up well! Now... let's see what the 2018 has in store for us. I know at least one thing is awaiting me this month... I'm headed back to school. My classes finally start again January 16th. I had an entire semester off because I had already completed the courses my cohort was taking the first semester. I'm officially a college student again in two weeks. EEK! This time I'm online though. It'll be great.

Either way... that's just ONE of the things I'm looking forward to this year. No major changes to be made, just more fun to be had!


Comments

Popular Posts