The Proof Is In The Pants!

HAPPY DANCE!!!!


Another successful week complete! I honestly don't know why it's so easy to get so far off track when I feel so much better when I'm eating cleaner and working out. Who knows! Sure, I love food, but I'm reminded now how much I enjoy feeling less UGHish. Yup, that's a word!

So, I'm two weeks in. Here are the stats:

Down 8 1/2 pounds from the start of the challenge with 31 days to go.

Clothes are fitting MUCH better and I don't feel like I'm busting the seams on my clothes anymore.

I have logged 570 minutes of activity in the last 11 days. That's almost an average of an hour a day, but I'd like to see it higher.

I'm still nursing my groin strain/hip whatever it is pain that's going on, but I went back back to karate and muay thai this week and loved it!

Overall, I'm feeling pretty darn good. The wicked side effects of sugar & Diet Coke detox have mostly passed. The cloud of exhaustion is lifting, the headaches have backed off (other than today, but that's due to a head cold that's been trying to take hold all week), my crankiness has improved and I'm feeling like it's okay to be around other people again without the risk of me scaring them away or hitting them. *hee hee* Definitely improvement!

As the title says, the proof is in the pants! Over the past month I found myself outgrowing my clothes. That would be okay if I was 7, but it's not a good sign at 37! My "fat pants" had become my regular pants and even they were starting to feel uncomfortable. After 11 days of clean eating and a regular exercise routine I am happy to report that my "fat pants" have regained their former status!!

Even my karate pants were starting to become snug through the butt and thighs and I was struggling to get the waist band up over my ever growing thigh and hips without a little extra wiggling and dancing. This week I noticed that they now slide on without the complete workout it was taking to get them on!

Another happy note... Last night I went to Muay Thai. It was a pretty stressful day at work and I wanted nothing more than to stuff my face with chocolate. Instead, I picked up two kids from the dojo who had early karate, took them home and fed them while The Hubby ran a third kid back to the dojo for late karate and then we all finally ended up at the dojo where The Hubby did the karate class and I sweated it out in the muay thai class. Then... I stayed for the Muay Thai Fitness class that was right after while The Hubby took our herd home and put them to bed.

I needed that workout! It felt fantastic to punch and hit my stress away! Even better yet... I got home and checked out my FitBit and I had burned almost 1400 calories between the two classes.


It was a pretty awesome class and I was wiped out after. I will probably feel the pain tomorrow, but it seems to be a bit less each time I go. You know it's a pretty amazing workout when you can wring your outfit out before you jump in the shower! Needless to say... I'm hooked!

This weekend is following suit and is just as busy as the week was. Kids have karate pictures tonight and the oldest has Kali4Kids. Tomorrow, Abbycakes gets to participate in Girls' Hockey Weekend with an event at the rink and some ice time, then I have a photo session tomorrow night. And some more hockey Sunday. WHEW! The good new is... Our annual fall vacation starts in 6 days!!

Comments

Popular Posts