Here We Are Again...

The never ending yo-yo...


I can so relate to this!! On a positive note, the yo-yo is headed in a good direction right now.

I've been really struggling to get and keep my weight under that horrible number since July. I know the number on the scale isn't the whole story, but it is a major mental hurdle for me. I find that I'm more frustrated and more susceptible to binging or making excuses when I'm no longer in ONEderland. Crazy, I know, but that's me!

It's taken me two months to get below the 200 pound mark this time around. It's been four since I went over for the first time after a good streak for a year and a half. Sure, I came awful close a few times, but when it came to my official weekly weigh in, I was under. Now for the real challenge... keeping it under that number!

I refuse to give up. It's tempting. With my doctor's appointment scheduled for December, it's very tempting to say screw it and eat whatever I want until then. That would be far less than helpful to the end goal, but it's tempting none-the-less.

All I can say is TGIF!! It's been a crazy week at work and a busy week at home. I'm looking forward to a fun, fall weekend and some down time. No major temptations this weekend, so I'm feeling pretty confident about my willpower. I don't get to say that very often!

I'm down 11 pounds over the last month of our work challenge, so I can't be to upset, right? We still have nine more days of our work movement challenge and another three weeks to go until I take the girls fun getaway weekend. Plenty of time to work on things so I feel a bit better in my swim suit than I did the last time I put it on.

I know I have a crummy attitude today. I'm staying clear of people. Other than poking my head out to run and grab lunch quick, I've been holed up in my office almost the entire first half of the day! While a part of me wants to go home and veg, another part of me wants to go to muay thai and pound on crap! It's just an off day.

To try to turn my Negative Nelly brain around, here's some focus on the good things...
  • My "fat pants" are lose again.
  • I don't feel like my pants are cutting off my circulation when I'm sitting at my desk anymore.
  • I am recovering much better after an intense karate class or a muay thai class than I used to.
  • I'm not hungry all the time anymore, so I've successfully retrained my body to eat in 3-hour intervals instead of wanting anything and everything all day long.
  • I've lost 5% of my body weight in the last 30 days.
  • I don't feel like the last 30 days have been overwhelming and I'm ready to binge. There's no sense of, "Whew, that's over! Now I can eat again." It's a good feeling.
See?!? I'm already smiling a bit!!

 

 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Have a great, safe weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts