Hello October!


It's so hard to believe that we're a few days into October already. Where did the summer go? Or the first month of school, for that matter?!? October is my busiest month with photography sessions, costume making and vacation with The Hubby. It feels like we were just in the Dells a few months ago and that was almost a year ago. Insane I tell ya!!!

Our weekend was good and I don't feel like I gorged myself all weekend for once!

Friday we took the girls to the homecoming football game. They had an absolute blast running around, hanging out with all of their friends. I loved watching them because it was a wonderful walk down memory lane for me. I love being able to helping some of the happy things from my childhood become their happy things.


Saturday the girls and I headed out to the cabin for a family reunion my mom held for her side of the family. I met a lot of family I didn't even know I had! Afterward, the girls and I grabbed the four wheeler, the trailer and headed back to town so I could do a photo session with a family I've known since junior high. There were lots of laughs and entertainment, that's for sure!

On Sunday The Hubby and I hit the open road with the trailer and four wheeler and met up with The Hubby's best friend and his wife to go for a ride. We try to go every year. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for our ride. We even stopped and did a little hiking to check out the salmon spawning in a river we ride by. I've lived in Wisconsin for 37 years, 30 of those I've lived very close to Lake Superior, yet I've never actually seen the salmon upriver. I've read about it!

 Beautiful fall day for a ride!

I love our little adventures together!

It was a pretty cool experience since they only do it for a couple of weeks every fall. Times vary because it depends on water temps and whatnot, but we got lucky! Plus, the sun had to hit the water just right in order for us to see the group.

The blob of long thin shadows are the salmon laying eggs! 
 
We ended up stopping for lunch at one of our favorite bar & grills on the four wheeler trail in that area. The Hubby and I shared a meal, so I didn't feel as guilty. Of course, I also had two beers... Could have been worse all the way across the board.

So, I'm still on track with minimal damage done over the weekend. That's the first time in a long time that I have managed to not go overboard on the weekend and it felt good! My body and scale haven't gotten that memo yet, but oh well. Slow but steady!

The fun part about extra time in the car with The Hubby is extra time to meal plan! Here's what this week looks like...

Monday: Leftover Deamfields pasta with homemade mozzarella stuffed meatballs

Tuesday: Eggs & turkey bacon (plus we had peanut butter whips for dessert Mmmmm!)

Wednesday: Protein Shake early and then something simple late - Busy night of hockey, kid karate and adult karate!

Thursday - Pulled Pork w/Cloud Buns, homemade mac n cheese & green beans

Friday - Chicken Dumpling Soup & Salad

It's going to be a busy week, but what else is new. Tonight Abbycakes hits the ice rink for the first time. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited!! So, with that... Happy Hump Day everyone! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Comments

Popular Posts