Day 8 of 84 - Always Have a Plan!

I've been good about having a plan the past week. I planned out last week's dinner menu and this week's dinner menu. Although, this week's dinner menu had a slight flaw. I was betting on leftovers from last night's dinner for tonight. No such luck. We ate it all up! So, now I've been wondering all day what I'm going to have for dinner tonight. Oops! Always have a plan... and maybe even a backup plan?

Last night I ran Week 2, Day 2 (W2D1) of Couch to 5K (C25K). Last week was pretty easy and I thought, "Wow!! Maybe I didn't lose ALL of my progress after all!" Then I did last night's run. HA! Nice try! Yeah, I'm completely out of shape and the side pain is still there. As much as I want to say screw it and give up, I refuse. I will find a way to conquer this pain. More PT today after work, but honestly, I have a major fear that we will never get this pain to go away. And my running and triathlon goals will go unmet. It's frustrating! I know I can run. When I'm in shape, my body CAN run. I know it can. But where did this pain come from and why?? For those who don't know, my PT thinks that it's fascial. Think plantar fasciitis. Which is "the inflammation of the thick band of tissue, called the plantar fascia, that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes. Now, the fascia region that I'm dealing with wraps like I'm carrying a crossbody purse - under the right ribs, around by my kidney and up across my shoulder blades to my left shoulder. Here's an example with the yellow band being approximately where the fascia that is issue ridden is. My pain is under my right rib right now.

It's a huge band and apparently mine is stubborn. It's stiff. There's no movement where there should be. She's been working on getting it to release and allow movement through my ribs and whatnot and alleviate my pain. My question is WHY?? What did I do that made this happen? Why did it come out of the blue? Once upon a time I could run pain free and the BAM!!!

I've read about fascial injuries. It's actually quite interesting. I just wish we could get past mine!!!

Okay, enough griping. Here's today's version of "What's in the Bag?"

Breakfast - Shakeology shake (I can honestly say that I'm not a fan of these. I tried out a trial I had bought from a friend and I just can't do the taste)

Snack - 2 hard boiled egg whites & a V8 V-Fusion Energy drink (my Diet Coke replacement LOL)

Lunch - Salad-in-a-Jar and completely AWESOME!!!!

Snack - Apple & String Cheese

Dinner - Here's the catch. I'm up in the air. I'm thinking leftover tacos. I might go for an English Muffin with PB and some fruit. Oh I don't know... tonight I'm alone and dinner is whatever I want it to be!! But I have plenty of calories for it.

Snack - 2 pieces of Dove Chocolate Promises & a small glass of milk (This makes me so happy it's sad. But honestly, I look forward to this dessert.)

With that... my break is over. Time to finish up and then head to PT. Tonight is a quiet night. I'm thinking I'll YouTube some yoga and give it a shot. I'm about as flexible as a 2x4, but I'm game for something new. Hubby as P90X yoga, so maybe I'll give that a whirl. Wish me luck!!!

Comments

Popular Posts