Challenge Accepted!!

Hello everyone! Yeah, I know, last year sucked. I tried over and over and failed over and over. And I beat myself up over it over and over. So, I looked for some words to live by today...


With that, I won't belittle myself for not sticking with anything last year and for gaining back weight I swore I would never have on my body again. I will just accept it and make the decision to move forward in the right direction and make the changes I need to make.

How am I going to do that? I've been challenged!! And this challenge isn't just about me. I've teamed up with my awesome sister-in-law (SIL) for a 12 week competition. The thing about being a teammate as opposed to a solo artist is that I hate letting people down. In sports, playing team sports pushes me to be my best and try harder, where when I'm going solo (like a run or a swim) I can talk myself out of just about anything. So, GAME ON! Our weigh in is tonight. Everyone who completes the challenge wins 2 free nights at a hotel. Top winners get bigger prizes and go up against the top winners in the 3 other participating cities (all very small cities). We are aiming big!! :)

I think I'm all set. I've set up my workout schedule for the next 3 months. My goal is to run again, or more to the point, run a 5K competitively this spring and participate in an indoor sprint triathlon at our YMCA the weekend before our final weigh in. I'm working with PT on my side pain and taking it a day at a time, but I'm motivated to get at it again. I'm enrolled in a weekly intermediate swim lesson, started the C25K program over again and have a plan, with goals, all set. The hubby and I also did our weekly meal plan and then went shopping this weekend, so our very bare cupboards are now full of healthy options for everyone! And I've recruited help! Hubby says he's on board and has agreed to hit the gym with me when we have time together (we started Saturday by swimming some laps) and my girls have promised to join me when they can. My oldest just wrapped up her first season on the YMCA swim team and is excited about swimming laps with mom (the little one has been recruited as a cheerleader for that event). Both girls have agreed to run with me. Again, the little one won't be AS involved, but she has completed two 5Ks, so she may be more motivation than I give her credit for!

So, the gist of it...

Who: Me and Awesome SIL
What: 12 week Losin' It Health & Wellness Challenge
When: January 19th thru April 13th
Where: I'll start my workouts in the Y with great hopes of an early summer to get me off the dreadmill!
Why: Because it's time!! Time to get back to focusing on me!
How: My goals are healthy eating (pre-planning our weekly meals and bagging up easy to grab portion controlled snacks ahead of time), working out (3-4x/week I will swim, bike and/or run - bring on the triathlons!!), and taking it one day at a time!



I can honestly say I'm ready and I'm excited. I know it will be tough and I know it will be a mental battle at times. But more than anything, I'm excited to be active again and have my family right there with me along the way. I'm not doing this alone and I think that's what's the most exciting for me!

Comments

Popular Posts