Day 11 of 84 - Willpower... There you are!!!

I think I found it again. My willpower has returned to it's rightful location and I couldn't be happier. Last night, after a day of feeling bloated and frumpy and after a failed Pinterest attempt for dinner, I wanted to cave in and gorge on something. I texted hubby who told me to stay strong. We only have basically healthy options in the house, so I decided to let myself eat until I was fully satisfied.

As I said, dinner was a failure. I give my kids kudos though. They are still pretty young and my little one is very picky. My oldest ate a decent amount of the Baked Blueberry Oatmeal and my little one ate about 1/4 of it before they started pushing it around their plates. I was doing the same thing. It just wasn't all that great. So, I offered them both a second option and set about creating my second option. I wanted something satisfying, so I made a grilled pizza sandwich. It completely hit the spot. This version of the grilled cheese is a little higher in calories, but so yummy! Two pieces of bread, a small amount of pizza sauce, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and some mini pepperonis and POOF you have a personal pizza without killing your daily calorie intake. After I ate it my need to gorge was gone and I was set for the rest of the night. I did not break into the bag of chocolate chips in the cupboard or run to the nearest convenience store to get a treat - something I soooo would have done last month!

With all of that said, I weighed this morning. I figured I would take whatever I had coming because I ate more yesterday than I usually do and it was a rest day. Imagine my surprise when I was down another pound and a half from last week. WOOHOO!!!! But that darn ONEderland eluded me by .2! GRRR!! I will defeat you!

This morning I was reminded that it's not all about the scale. I felt so bloated yesterday... just blah. The scale was up a pound, my pants were tight and I was just... well, blah. Today my jeans are loose. I'm wearing a new shirt and scarf and I feel good about myself. Crazy the difference a day can make. I'm happy with my progress and I'm ready for the next week of planning and executing! So, don't rely solely on your scale... it isn't always the best way to measure your success! I'll be taking pics every 3 weeks. Measuring every month. And my clothes tell me a lot about my progress!

Alright... today's "What's in the Bag?"

Breakfast - Light English Muffin & Peanut Butter

Snack - Almonds

Lunch - Turkey Club on a Cheddar Twist Bagel (and about a 15 minute date with my hubby!!!)

Snack - Apple & String Cheese

Dinner - Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp & garlic brown rice

Dessert - Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar

Hubby and I are going for a swim after work. Wrap it up with a soak in the hot tub. Then home to make dinner, play cards or maybe watch a movie and snuggle on the couch. It's a kid free evening!!! I'm not sure which one I'm looking forward to more... time alone with the hubby or swimming. Tomorrow I'm taking the girls to rock climbing birthday party and then hitting the gym followed by deep cleaning the house and renting a shampooer. Gotta get this puppy trained!!! Have a fantastic weekend and remember... one bad day does not kill your progress. Enjoy yourself if you want, but plan ahead and maybe even do an extra workout to earn some extra calories to splurge with.


Comments

Popular Posts