Spring has sprung... FINALLY!!!!

As I sit here, outside on the deck watching my youngest blow bubbles and run around the yard in gorgeous weather, I finally believe that spring has come to Northern Wisconsin!! And I am a big fan! It's so much easier to focus on training calendars and grilling out when the weather is less winterish.

I have to say that it is perfect timing too! Last week I finished my first week of my sprint tri training. I've decided that I need to keep a journal of my training progress and I'm sorry folks, but this is the place. That way my Facebook friends don't have to read about it unless they want to and I have an easy way to refer back to how I felt on a certain training day. So, from this point forward I'll be adding a little blurb about the previous day's training goal, how it went and what the next day will hold in store. I'm also hoping to keep track of my food on My Fitness Pal and update here with any fun, new recipes. I know I've said that in the past, but I have come across a few I must try and will share for sure. Hopefully it's the start of a summer full of new ideas. Lord knows I need to shake up my palate a bit!

So, this week steps up my tri training a touch and it will ramp up even more next week as I hit the 2-months-till-race-day milestone. That little statement makes me feel slightly sick to my stomach! But this week the runs and rides are a bit mellow and the swims are just starting to make me work a bit harder.

With that... here we go!!

Yesterday's swim was awesome!!! I completed 1/4 mile (the distance for the race) in 15 minutes. When I started swimming it took me almost the full 30 minutes to complete that distance! The rest of the time was spent focusing on technique and working on my legs. Tonight's activity is a 40 minute easy bike ride. Although I don't wish any family member to be sick, and I'm praying she doesn't share, I lucked out and ended up with a grandma in the house tonight, so this one will be an easy one to accomplish after dinner. Tomorrow is an easy 30 minute run in the midst of a day full of play dates, spring concerts and birthday dinners. I see that fitting a 30-60 minute workout into my schedule 5x a week is going to be interesting to say the least... but it WILL be done! :)

It's finally spring ladies and gentlemen!! Get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. We've waited much too long for clear trails and temps above 30 degrees around here!

Comments

Popular Posts