Sometimes full fat is the way to go!

I tried something new today. I promised myself I'd try one new thing a week. This week I bought a light poppyseed dressing to put on my wraps. What the heck? Try anything once right? Well, I hope my mom likes it because otherwise I'm stuck with a full jar of dressing that I won't touch again! Okay, that might be a bit harsh. I'm sure I'll find a use for it, just not on my wraps again. :) So, there... mission accomplished. I'm stubborn and stuck in my ways, so trying something new and stepping outside the box is quite the adventure for me. Even if it's just dressing!

A quick update on today's activities...

The clouds were looking a touch too dark this morning for my liking, so I decided to bike first and swim this afternoon. I was scheduled for a 30-40 minute leisurely ride. CHECK! It was a beautiful day for a ride and I enjoyed getting out and just letting all of the stuff cluttering my brain float away with each mile I ticked off. My seat was still a touch uncomfortable, but I know that will just take time. I'm going to run over to the bike shop in the next town to see what I can do about skinnier tires for my road bike since this is my first race. I don't want to put a lot of money into it, but I can see how the right tires would help.

This evening I dropped by the YMCA for a quick swim. The goal was 10 to 16 x 25 meters with a 20 second rest between lengths. In layman's terms that would be 10-16 pool lengths (one way) at your local YMCA (unless they have an olympic sized pool, then one length is actually 50 meters), or 5-8 laps. This was pretty easy for me because I've been doing 17.6 lengths to get a 1/4 mile and then more to get my 1/2 hour in. Clear as mud? Needless to say, this was a pretty easy swim for me and felt pretty good. I still tend to panic a few times each swim. My breathing gets off, I suck water or feel like I'm not getting enough breath... I hate it! I have to calm myself down and keep on going because what other option is there?? On a good note, I got to chat with the guy who will be giving me lessons. I got the form today and once I turn it in he'll give me a call and set up a time to watch me, give me pointers and go from there. I got pretty excited after talking to him. There is hope!! LOL

Tomorrow is a 30-40 minute run and I'm pampering myself a bit with a hair cut with my favorite hair lady! LOL I so look forward to my hair cuts!! Adult time, someone playing with my hair... I'm IN!!! Then I'll wrap up the day with my first softball game of the season. WOOHOO!! This has been an insanely busy week and I know physically it will only get harder from here. EEK!!!

Comments

Popular Posts