Challenges Are Challenging

Sorry for the time between posts. I was without my laptop for most of the week, so I just held off on updating. It wasn't the greatest week, but it wasn't a total flop either! I will admit that the weather around here does not appreciate mine or any other outdoor athlete's training schedule lately. I am taking major pity on the poor souls trying to train for Grandma's Marathon and Half Marathon. High miles right now in cold, wind and rain are just not fun.

So, what's been happening since my last post? Monday I hit the trails for a beautiful 10 mile bike ride. The weather actually fully cooperated for that one and I enjoyed every second of it. The scenery was perfect, the sun was shining and the smells of spring assaulted me every mile of the way. I even met some friends along the way...

It was impossible not to finish that ride without a smile on my face! I also feel like 10 miles in an hour is a pretty good point to be at with less than 2 months till race day.

Mid-week my girls shared a fun little virus that put me on the sidelines. I'd rather deal with a virus now than 2 weeks before the race. It still sucked!! No kids and I was grounded to the couch. *sigh* I finally drug myself  out the door on Friday for a double header softball game and got up bright and early Saturday for a 30 minute swim.

I'm definitely finding it harder to get my training in on days when I have my girls. I have 50/50 custody of them and try to make sure I take full advantage of the days that I don't have them. But the days I do, my only option is the treadmill and I HATE the treadmill. LOL At least I have an option, right? With that said, tonight my little angels go to their dad's and I still have a date with the evil treadmill. With temps in the 40s and wind gusts up to 40mph... yeah, I'll run inside today. Tomorrow is a double up day, plus an extra couple miles of walking. I'll swim and bike tomorrow, probably at the Y if this weather doesn't change, and then hopefully the wind and rain holds off long enough for the Jaycees group to get out and do our spring highway cleanup. I should sleep well tomorrow night!

This whole process has been an adventure and a challenge, but I know in the end that I will do it. I may not be at the front of the group. Heck, I may be dead last. I don't care as long as I finish! Ooooh and a bonus to all of the training and being sick... I hit a new low on the scale. I'm just 3 pounds from that 50 pound mark that has been eluding me for over 3 months.

Comments

Popular Posts