Let the aches and pains begin!!

I can definitely tell that I've stepped things up this week and starting doing things I haven't done in a while! LOL Yesterday was my 40 minute bike ride. It was a beautiful night for a ride and just like running it was awesome to get out and clear my head and just hit the refresh button. Unfortunately, my knees, butt and quads may opt to disagree with my positive outlook on the whole thing. It's okay, I think they are just rebelling a bit. That was my first bike ride of the season, it can only improve from here!! Then today I took my mom out for an easy jog. Unfortunately, I'm still fighting that awful side stitch/cramp. Nothing seems to help. I used to think it was based on my pace, but today I was running 14-15 minute miles and it still snuck it's way in around the one mile mark. I'm beyond frustrated, but trying to just push through it.

Tomorrow we're all about swimming and biking! I'll spread them out a bit so as not to shock my body too much. But both will be accomplished!! Then Thursday I'm set for an easy run and then my first softball game of the season. WOOHOO!!! Another sign spring is finally here. The fields are clear and it's time to hit some balls.

I'm on day two of being back on the good eating train and still going strong. No new recipes to report because both nights my dinners have been booked. Last night we ate at a pasta feed for my nephew's baseball team and tonight we celebrated my 2nd niece's 15th birthday party with some pizza! Everything in moderation and I stayed on track!!! I will say that I strongly suggest the Lemon Parmesan Shrimp at Applebee's. It was under 550 calories and I couldn't eat it all, so I ended using my normal calories at lunch!

I've also upped my water intake again which means my bathroom and I have become good friends the past couple of days. It's amazing how much I crave water once I start to up the amount I'm drinking. CRAZY!! Plus, I have noticed my kids reaching for more water while I'm drinking mine - well, I should say I see my kids reaching for MY water, but I'm not going to stop them. There's more where that came from!! I'd rather they drink my water than any other liquid we have in the house. I have to admit, I have one milk addict in the house, so to see her drinking water makes me happy. But I'm happy to say that neither of my kids likes soda. Apparently that's just Mama's addiction!! Oooh and on that note, I'm happy to report that I have cut my soda intake dramatically again. I usually have at least one a day, but over the last few weeks I've been able to cut that down to 1-2/week. I'm happy with that!! :)

CHUG CHUG CHUG - the water that is! And HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!! The weekend is just around the corner. Anyone have any fun Mother's Day plans on the horizon?

Comments

Popular Posts