Let the vacation begin!

I'm so excited!! I have officially started my first ever, full week's vacation!! And I actually have plans for a vacation too. :) And I'll top that off... I even planned healthy meal choices for the first leg of my journey!! And I'm even more motivated to stick to my guns after stepping on the scale this morning. I did not deserve what I saw on the scale either. I had a stressful week and with stress comes food... Baaaaad food. Cookies, ice cream, McDonald's... bad bad BAD! But, I have found that I can't eat nearly the quanitity of bad food I consumed two months ago and I can't over indulge as often without being severely punished by my gut for my actions! LOL

Anyway... this morning's scale check in said 215.4. That puts me down another 1.2 and I'm just 0.8 away from the 20 pound mark. I so want that 20 pound mark! It is definitely motivation for me not to go hog wild on vacation.

Now, what am I doing? I leave tonight with my mom for a Mom & Me getaway. :) We haven't had one in so long. I'm really looking forward to it. We plan to fish, play tourists, and relax. Sunday night I'll come back and relieve my hubby of kid duty for an evening. Then Monday morning I drop my bitty one off at daycare and take my big one on a road trip - just Emmy, Nana and I! We're going to do a little shopping, see Auntie Trisha (Em's favorite person in the whole world most days), and go to the zoo, maybe the Children's Museum, possibly an indoor trampoline park depending on the weather... we have mega fun plans sketched out for both rain and shine. I can't wait to go play and watch my big girl enjoy every minute of it. We haven't had much Mommy & Em time since Abby was born, so I'm really looking forward to it. I miss our 1-on-1 time. She starts full-time preschool in the fall, so I wanted one last "pre-preschool" hurrah! :)

In prepartion, Nana and I stopped and shopped for tons of fruit. We'll pick fresh veggies from the garden. And we grabbed some lean meat to go with all of the above. I WILL make this a fun and successful vacation. I may not lose that 0.8 while I'm gone, but I refuse to gain 5.0!

Comments

Popular Posts