Struggling again!

Okay, so I've been back from vacation for a week and finally have pushed myself to come here and report on how things are going. And it's been one hell of a week!

Vacation was awesome!! The first three days at the cabin made it easy to stay in control of everything. We brought our meals, there was just two of us and we planned out our days so that we didn't have to worry about when and where to eat.

The next three days was where I started to slide down a very slippery slope. It almost seems like a trip to the Twin Cities = Overindulgence! Monday we had to stop on the road for lunch, then we went out to dinner with my sister, nephew, and soon-to-be brother-in-law. Tuesday we headed to the zoo. If we'd been more prepared, we would have packed a picnic, but alas... instead we ate a light brunch and a late lunch. Then we made the mistake of leaving the zoo at peak rush hour, so that meant a stop at the closest food place to wait it out like a bad storm. I hate rush hour. I live in a city where gridlock means a train has held up cars for 20 minutes. Once it's moved, the issue is over. And it's only two lanes, so I don't have to worry about other idiots on all sides of me. LOL Finally, Wednesday we ate another light breakfast and then indulged at our favorite restaurant in Maplewood - Jake's. Mmmmmm!! A late start for home meant more rush hour traffic and a late start to our final shopping, so we had to get dinner on the road again. UGH!!! By the time I weighed myself the next morning I was up 3.8 pounds. It definitely could have been worse!

Now that all the nasty food talk is out of the way... we had a blast!!! My mom and I had such a relaxing time at the cabin together. We definitely needed a Mommy/Daughter weekend!! I actually had time to kick back and read an entire book the last day. For those who enjoy reading for leisure, I highly recommend "The Hunger Games" triolgy. I was glued to it!

We started our weekend with a trip to our favorite tourist town, Hayward, Wisconsin!! That night, a trip to my favorite campground as a child to go fishing and get some pictures... I can't even explain the feeling of pure happiness and tranquility that came with just being there. It felt like the exact escape from day-to-day life that I needed and wanted. How could anyone not feel that way when you see this around you??


And then there was the one-on-one time with just my little Emmy-Lou. We were inseparable before Abby came along. My husband worked nights, so Em and I spent all of our time together doing everything. Our relationship just hasn't been the same the past year and I was so happy to have time to devote just to her for three days. And she loved it!! I told her we definitely won't go so long from now on. :) We shopped till we dropped for school clothes, spent hours walking around the zoo and amusement park riding rides and laughing till our sides hurt, and then did more shopping, shopping, shopping. So, the entire trip did not evolve around food. :) And for Em, the best part was...

Her crazy puppy makeover at Como Town (amuzement park)


But with the end of vacation comes a final stop at Reality Station. Unfortunately, the reality waiting for me was one I'd rather have kept hiding from. Stress, stress and more stress. Thankfully, I've had awesome clients and photography sessions since I got back and that has helped to ease me into the swing again. But, I'm reminded yet again what a horrible emotional eater I am. I know I'm doing it and I can't seem to stop my hand from putting that McDonald's junk into my mouth, or the chocolate, or the blizzard, or whatever! I haven't had the energy to attempt getting my exercise back on track. And there is no one who can do this for me except myself!

So, it's time to do something or suffer the consequences. I know there are people who take stress and turn it into motivation to lose weight, work out, etc. If you're one of those... please, share! Tell me what you do to burn off the aggitation, frustration, anger... whatever! What is your go-to stress reliever option so that you don't turn to food of any sort?

Comments

Popular Posts