I survived the party weekend!

WHEW!! I wasn't sure if the heat/humidity, food or cleaning like a mad woman was going to kill me before the end of the weekend. But, alas, I am here and well! Actually... the hard work, heavy lifting, mega sweating and super water intake kept me from doing any damage this weekend. Even with all the candy and cake and cupcakes and COOKIE BALLS!! (I won't even post that recipe... you all would shoot me!)

My sweet, now 4-year-old loved every single minute of her birthday and birthday party (which fell on the same day). We had a Tangled theme and as always, I went overboard. :) I can't help it. I love this part of being a mommy!

Here are some pics of all the yummy goodies!


And a picture of the happy birthday girl!



With her "Rapunzel Hair"


Of course, with all the work and stressing over what needed to be done I missed my 30 Day Shred workouts Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so I'm starting back over with day 1 tonight. I knew starting before the party was going to be tough, but it's time to get back up on that old horse.

But, since I'm trying to keep this one short I'll get down to business. First, one of my favorite "diet" blogs I've talked about before is having an awesome giveaway. Be sure to stop by Danica's Daily Blog and add your name to the drawing.

And lastly... my weekly menu. I did an okay job last week of following what I had planned out. We had to make a couple of adjustments due to forgetting to take the chicken out of the freezer, but it was more of a rearranging than going completely in a different direction. :) No reason to create the wheel. I despise meal planning some weeks as it is! LOL

So... Dinner plans for August 8-12:

Venison Stroganoff (made with low fat goodies and whole wheat pasta)
Wanton Soup
Sausage and Cheese Egg White Omeletes & Fruit

And I'm trying to come up with a couple of new receipes. I leave for vacation on Friday night, so my  mom and I are trying to brainstorm some "good foods" for our 3 day girls getaway to the cabin. Then, next week... well, it's kind of a free for all. I'm taking my big girl to the big city (Twin Cities) to spoil her rotten! :) I can't wait!!!

Comments

Popular Posts