Things Are Definitely Just UGH Here!


The struggle is definitely really real right now! My willpower apparently got notice that it was the holiday season and took an early vacation. I don't feel like I've struggled this much is several months. Even when I've eaten all of the junk that makes me feel absolutely miserable, I can't seem to stop myself.


None of my usual tricks are helping either! My typical motivators aren't kicking me back into high gear. I'm in the final two weeks of my challenge. That should be enough to kick my butt into action, yet I keep eating junk and haven't hit the gym in well over a week.

So, I decided that I needed to take things back to basics and make some solid, simple plans to get me through the rest of the week. When I say "rest of the week" I mean, tomorrow, as a start. I can't look ahead at this point. I'm completely and utterly back to baby steps. Even worse, I have a work function out of town this week. That means eating on the road, then yummy meals with my awesome co-workers down there, a holiday gathering, probably a few drinks... Yeah, any wonder why my willpower skipped out on me?? Who doesn't want to thoroughly enjoy a holiday gathering this time of the year??


Okay, that is so not an accurate depiction of my holiday fun, but that was a pretty funny movie! You get the point though. The holiday season is such a stinking battle!

It doesn't end there though! This weekend is our Annual Holiday Girls Night Out with my two oldest friends. Every year we escape for dinner, drinks and a show. This year is no different. Saturday evening after dinner we're going to see A Christmas Carol. I'm so excited!! Thankfully, we don't do this often, but it's so fun when we finally get to. It seems that the older our kids get, the harder it is to plan mom time together!

After this weekend, we just head full steam ahead into Christmas weekend. That adds on THREE family Christmas gatherings, a couple of days of travel, an overnight in a hotel, and finally... a birthday party for Kenziebug just to mix things up a bit! WHEW! December is a killer!!!

I know many people can relate to what I'm going through. This time of year is busy for everyone. Especially when we add in the normal, everyday kid/school/activities stuff before break. I'm quickly getting to the point where I just want it all to hurry up and be over so we can return to our regularly scheduled program. At the same time, I do love this time of year and I love watching our kids' excitement as Christmas approaches. For that reason alone, I don't want to rush it too much. Before I know it, their innocence will be gone and they'll be off doing all of their crazy celebrations with extended family and hustling their kids to and from.

So, for now, I'll try not to complain too much. I'm frustrated with myself and making excuses where I shouldn't be. I either need to stop up and do what I need to do, or shut up and accept my fate. The struggle will be very real for another three weeks! In the end, it's completely my choice. Therefore, tomorrow's plan is as follows:

  • Hard boiled eggs & collagen coffee for breakfast
  • Protein snack pack for snack (meat, cheese & nuts)
  • Protein shake for lunch
  • Meat & veggies of some sort for dinner - The Hubby's choice since he's cooking
  • Workout at the YMCA after work & Muay Thai after that!

I'll face Wednesday after I can say I've whooped Tuesday's hiney!


I know that it will at least include a karate class and, hopefully, a lunch workout with my awesome co-worker/gym buddy. It's been far too long since we've gotten away for a much needed break/workout.

Comments

Popular Posts