Primary Plan of Attack...


Yup! That's my game plan for the next two weeks. So far, so good. I'm still up a pound from my lowest weight on the scale, but I'm maintaining there. It's a good place to be until the insanity that is the Christmas Season passes!

I just need to add that PMS'ing during all of the fun and games of this particular season is REALLY not fair at all!!






I really only crave chocolate and my comfy clothes this badly when my body is deciding to act like a girl. I really think that is something we should be able to turn off when we're done having kids. Thanks, it's been fun, but I don't need you anymore. Bu-bye! UGH!

So, there's my overshare for the week! In other news, I'm super excited about the little prize I won by participating in our 30-day Step Challenge at work.





Isn't it cute?!? While it could probably hold a 12-pack, that's not what I am using it for. Most days I leave the house and don't walk back in the door until after 8pm. If I do, it's for about 15 minutes to swap kids, or let the dogs out. So, this nifty little cooler is the perfect addition to my collection. I now have something small enough that it's not overwhelming, but big enough to hold breakfast, snacks, lunch and even a little bit of dinner if needed. SCORE! Plus, I was told the thermal portion is removable, so you can use it as a duffel bag too. NICE! I am so easily entertained!

For those wondering, I did take 5th place in the challenge. I was in 4th for pretty much the whole event, but the final week was when that stomach bug hit me hard and I wasn't getting my regular workouts in. My old office mate took 2nd place and won a Fitbit. That girl put on some serious miles! She finished with over 887,000 steps in just 30 days. To put that into perspective... I finished with 491,000+ steps. She made me look like a weenie! We had 52 participants. I'm looking forward to the next one in February!

I didn't really mean for this to become a post about my lunch bag, but there you have it! Really, though, I am focusing on lowering my anxiety. Since I was driving it through the roof about that dang scale right now and where I'd be at for my next appt, I decided I needed to take a step back and just find some balance. I can live with maintaining and it is still a solid goal. It's a struggle to say no to all of the goodies all the time. Especially when we are constantly on the go! So... Status Quo is my name and Maintenance will be my game!

I managed to get one muay thai class in this week and one trip to the gym. My hotel has a fitness center, so I'm hoping to hit it tomorrow morning before I head in to work. It's going to be a LONG day tomorrow, with a 3+ hour drive home after the evening event. I will need to workout for the extra energy surge! Then, this weekend I have full plans to hit the gym instead of the candy isle at the store. Baby steps! Have a plan... execute the plan. It's my execution that needs work. I will check back in for accountability. If you don't see any posts for several days... assume I'm lying in a pit of chocolate oranges and Christmas goodies!


No! I will not fail! Bring on the fun of the rest of the week and weekend. I am ready.

Comments

Popular Posts