A Much Needed Chill Night!

Maybe I was wrong. The way I was feeling yesterday may not have been my doing after all! Not like I'm excited to say that I probably have a bit of a tummy bug though. Either way... I've felt kinda crummy this week, which leaves little ambition to workout. Apparently my body needed a rest. Hopefully not for long!

In the meantime, The Hubby was my hero tonight. We finally had a night alone together, so I came home to a delicious, homemade dinner... Low Carb Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta! So yummy!

Here's the recipe, then we served it on Dreamfields pasta. 

He also rented a movie for us, so that after dinner we could play a couple hands of cribbage (which he won) and snuggle on the couch to watch a movie for a very much needed, low key evening.

Since I still haven't made it to the gym, I've been feeling "flabby, fat, and lazy". (Who can name the song lyrics there??) It was slightly shocking to find the picture below, on the left, on The Hubby's phone last night as I was sending myself pictures I'd taken at Abbycakes's hockey game. It is so hard to get rid of the "fat girl mentality" or the mental image I have of myself. Many days, in my head, I'm still that girl on the left. It's the image I've seen in the mirror far more years than the one on the right.


It was a happy surprise to find that picture, especially when I was feeling so incredibly bloated and miserable yesterday. It was a much needed reminder of not only how far I've come, but that I am not where I was. On days when it feels like my hard work is not paying off, these little reminders tell me IT IS! If I give up now, I'll only go back to where I once was and have to start all over again. This was a sign... Someone has been listening in on the conversations I've been having in my head and knew I needed to see this comparison.

My food has been awesome the past two days, although a bit under my calorie requirement with not having much of an appetite due to a woogie stomach. Still, I'm back on track with my food. Those pictures are helping me to get back on track with my mind. Tomorrow, the girls and I will head back to karate class for Fun Week to kick off getting back on track physically. I have one week left of my six week challenge. I'm ready to hit it hard!! Come on body... give me a little assistance with this one! Tomorrow is OUR DAY!

Comments

Popular Posts