Definitely Paying the Price!


I can't say that that was my best weekend ever. WHEW!! Don't get me wrong, it was a good weekend. We had some time at the cabin, we had all four kiddos for some giggles and entertainment. Abbycakes had a pizza night for hockey, which was fun, adult time for Mom! Two kiddos had karate belt tests yesterday, which is always a good time! Of course, all of the above included good people, good drinks and good food. Add in so much chocolate I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have any cravings for a long while, and very little activity... Last night was NOT pretty!!


I was so uncomfortable!!! Bedtime was a challenge in finding out how to lay to get comfortable. Yeah, NOT worth it!! Yet, I struggle to remind myself of that when I think it's a great idea to indulge, or in this case, OVERindulge. UGH!

So, needless today that I am on a high water, high protein, low carb plan today. I was also five days sugar free when I decided to jump off the wagon, which probably amplified the side effects of all of those ridiculous carbs and sugars. Double UGH!

Unfortunately, my week is insane at work this week, so getting away to hit the gym was not possible today. Abbycakes had a hockey game, so gym time tonight was not happening either. I need something! The guilt is insane, but the discomfort is even worse. It's like someone put a balloon in my belly and half inflated it - a quarter with water and a quarter with air. Super fun!


Sorry this one made me giggle, so I had to add it. Honestly, this is EXACTLY how I felt last night. My poor hubby! And my apologies for the total overshare, but I'm just keeping it real!

So, 20 days until Christmas and two Christmas parties, three holiday gatherings/lunches/dinners, and I'm sure countless temptations in between. I hope I can remember the way I've felt the past 24 hours, because it will help me with my willpower for sure!

Sadly, I have no one to blame but myself. The big question is... why?! Why do I do this to myself? I'm such a glutton for punishment. One day I'll figure it out. I know the extra UGH I'm feeling today is 100% the beer I drank over the weekend. When it's just an indulgence on foods I wouldn't normally eat, I feel icky but not miserable. Beer, as good as it tastes, is one of my biggest enemies. We definitely have a love hate relationship!

I'll check back in tomorrow. Hopefully my update will be much less fluffy!

Comments

Popular Posts