It's a "Coffee In The PM" Kind of Day


This image sums up my day! Friday really cannot come fast enough. Some weeks just suck the life right out of you, and this week is one of them. The weather sucks, stress levels are high and schedule is packed. I just need a weekend to recharge!

I also need a good run and a bucket of chocolate.

I'll be a good girl, though, and avoid the second portion of that statement. I can honestly say that my stress eating has been mostly under control lately. I haven't eaten my emotions or used my mood as an excuse to overindulge in goodies. That's progress!

While my statement is that I need coffee, I'm struggling to find a coffee that I like that also likes me in return. With being on track lately, my body as readjusted to eating pretty clean. It took me a bit of investigative work, but I believe I have a sensitivity to dairy! At first I blamed new meds, change of diet, PMS, you name it. After making The Hubby and I peanut butter whips a couple of weeks ago, it it me. Literally! It hit me like a brick. Within 10 minutes of eating my yummy, sugar free, low carb dessert I had horrible stomach cramps and felt miserable. Heavy cream, how could you?!? We were friends!!!

So, I'm on a mission. I want to find a coffee I can enjoy without the loads of sugar that come in the yummy cups of goodness I used to buy from Starbucks! I've tried using unsweetened almond milk, but it's just not creamy enough. Hmmmm... If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears! Otherwise, I'll let you all know how my search goes as I go through a trial and error period in my search for my perfect coffee.

Funny enough, I drink coffee about once every other week, so it's not like I'm a daily drinker who needs her morning fix. I may drink it more often if it didn't create such horrible stomach issues though. Either way, there are days like today when I need my rescue dose of caffeine. If I'm going to drink it, it has to taste good and not detrimental to my goals. I know... am I high maintenance or what?!

For now I'll just suck it up. If I drink coffee this late I'll probably be up all night anyway.


Comments

Popular Posts