ARRRRRGH! Ahoy Matey!

The tall ships are in town! There's no way you could get me to take my family into the chaos that comes with this event by trekking down by the lake to tour the ships and join in the festivities this weekend. But I still managed to see them up close this morning thanks to my way-more-of-a-morning-person-than-me neighbor and friend and a great group of women runners!

Here's proof!


I actually stole that one from my friend because she took it. Honestly, I was too lazy to pull my phone out of my arm band to take my own pic! :) Kind of cool though. The darkness with the ships gave it a little ambiance. We stopped about 5 times to get group selfies with the ships, but it was a blast!!


It was a pretty good way to kick off a fun weekend! Even if I still truly hate mornings. I'm just not a morning person at all. Let's use today as an example... I forgot to grab my Fitbit off of the charger before my run. I forgot to put my wedding ring on, but it was thankfully saved before the cats could knock it off the bathroom counter down the sink. I forgot to put on my necklace. I forgot to weigh myself, and I've been good all week! I also forgot my breakfast on the kitchen counter, but, thankfully, remembered it before I pulled out of the driveway! I just don't operate on all eight cylinders in the morning! I'm impressed I was fully dressed when she picked me up at 4:45am!

So, I'm well on my way to my August running goal. Since this is my final month as a 36-year-old, I wanted to log a minimum of 36 miles. As of this morning, I have logged 17.5 and I have a week and a half left, with two long runs planned. Right now, the plan for my leftover runs will put me well over my goal, but we all know how quickly plans can change. So, I'll take it a run at a time! Next month, my goal will be 37 miles, which should be a breeze since I'll be at the height of my half marathon training, with runs of 6 miles or more each weekend.

I feel like things are finally coming back around again and it feels good. I love being able to run again and use that as a therapy when I need it. It also feels amazing to be back at karate. I missed it! Not just the workout, either. The people make it worth going there... the workout is a bonus! Honestly, though, I really do enjoy the whole experience and we've made some good friends over the past year. I'm feeling more in control of my body, my life and my choices which means I'm feeling much better overall. It's amazing how out of sorts you can feel when things are piling up too quickly. It's a good reminder that everyone needs to take time to tend to themselves. You know how the saying goes... "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" *grins*


Comments

Popular Posts