What to eat?

This is my latest struggle lately. I am not on track as far as food goes and making VERY poor choices. I'm falling back on old habits of just grabbing whatever is quick, easy or made for me. UGH! So, time to get back on that bandwagon again. I've also increased my soda intake again. I was down to NONE! Now, I'm back up to 1-2 every day. NAUGHTY!!! LOL I know it's not going to help my performance, so I'd rather nip it now!

Anyone care to share their favorite healthy meal option? I'll admit, I am absolutely horrible about making dinner when I don't have my girls. That's half the time - 7 out of 14 days I don't have my girls. I can't keep this up. I either don't eat at all or I just grab whatever. So, I'm looking for easy meals for the nights I am alone (I don't mind having leftovers for lunch the next day either) and something my kids will eat with me on those other days. I have one VERY picky eater and another who is Jekkyl and Hyde in every way imaginable. One day she may eat everything in site and the next she will tell me she doesn't like hotdogs (she LOVES hotdogs LOL). So... any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My challenges to myself are to try one new recipe each week, to pack my lunch and snack every day I'm in the office (3 days a week), and to start really pushing my water. I know I do better with food when I'm well hydrated! I also cut way back on my soda when I'm into my water. So, I can kill a couple of birds.

As for my other challenge... it's going okay. I took a break from all activity after my race on Tuesday - which by the way was AWESOME!!! Well, the hills sucked big time, but I had my best race time and loved running the trail at the end. :)

But after the race my cold took hold and forced me to the sidelines for a few days. Better to rest and recover than stay sick longer. So, I officially hit the trails again yesterday for my delayed long run. It was slow, but steady. And tonight I'll attack the 30 Day Shred with a vengence. I'm ready to return! I may not complete 30 straight days of workouts by my birthday, but I'll do my best to hit every day from here on out!

Time to round up my challenge buddies!! 23 days till my first challenge goal and 54 until the big run... I'll take all the challenge buddies I can get!

Comments

Popular Posts