7 month mark!

I'm 7 months in and still going strong!! :) I'm very proud of my progress the past seven months and I don't necessarily mean my progress on the scale. Sure, that's been great and has really helped with my self confidence and body image, but the scale number was far from my biggest problem!

In seven months I have learned how to deal with my emotions instead of reaching for a bag of Oreos. I've learned it's okay to have bad days, it doesn't mean that I have ruined all of my hard work. We all have down days and it's okay. It's whether you choose to pick yourself up and dust off that is the real test for how far you've come. I've learned that food is not a reward, the enemy, or even my best friend. Food is what makes my body function. Food is fuel. Plain and simple. Do I like certain foods more than others? Heck yeah... and sometimes I choose to indulge in them. But it's not the same mental correlation it used to be. Food doesn't make me happy anymore. Successfully chosing the right foods and feeling good about myself makes me happy. Running, playing softball, playing hockey... those things make me happy. Those things can lift my mood faster than any DQ Blizzard!! I've learned that I am worth taking time for. I'm a mom, but I'm also a 32 year old woman who deserves to take care of herself, enjoy the things she likes to do and who has the right to be young and enjoy life! It's amazing how much you can change your mind AND your body in 7 short months!

With that said... I'm really enjoying my half marathon training. My runs are getting longer, but I'm finding I have the stamina. It's just getting over the mental hurdles. I've been getting great advice from friends and family who have run a half (or farther) before and I am very very thankful to them! Its hard to believe that I will be on that starting line 10 weeks from tomorrow! WOW! Until then... I'm signed up to run the 5.1K Festival Run in Duluth on Tuesday, August 14th. I'm very excited about that. I didn't get to run a race in July, so I'm due! I'm also considering the Shell Lake 9-miler around the lake on Labor Day to see where I'm at with my training. :) Unfortunately, all plans for mud runs are on hold because I don't want to risk getting hurt at this point. So... I guess I'll have to sign up for a couple next year to make up for lost time. :)

Alright... enough rambling. It's been one of those soul searching kind of days. Oh, and I'm back down to the 33 mark for the official weekly weigh in! WOOHOO!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts