We inturrupt this regularly scheduled program...

Life gets in the way of everything doesn't it? :) Well, my training program is a mess lately! My long run was due on Saturday, but since I had my girls it's now being completed tonight. Tomorrow will be some cross training instead of a 45 minute run, but Wednesday will be that missing 45 minutes. LOL Then a break... two days for my muscles to recover and get ready for my longest race to date.

Yeah, I'm starting to stress a bit, I'll admit it. Friends and family just keep telling me I'll do fine, but I'm worried! My back is still giving me a hard time almost every day... what if???? My longest training run at this point has only been 6.5... what if??? Those dang side cramps seem to show up for every dang run... what if??? Yup, I'm playing that game this week. I know it's just a bad case of the unknowns vs. my control freak nature that is causing all of this. In my head I know I have the ability to push through whatever obstacle I encounter and finish this race. I'm actually pretty excited to do a long race to see where I'm at. My longest race up to this point was 5 miles... now 5 miles is a short run! LOL Who'da thunk it?!

There's just something about the race environment that stimulates every part of me that aches to be competitive. I love running with other people, even though I'm off in my own world with my music pumping in my ears. I am super excited about the number of water stations in this race! LOL I know... but it helps break it up. They have one at 2, 4, 6, and 7.5 miles. And I just really feel that adrenaline rush that competition brings to the table. Sure, I know I'm not going to finish anywhere near the front of the pack, but it's still there... the excitement and nervousness combo!

So, although my training program says one thing, my life is allowing another. And you know what? That's okay. I'm getting my training in, feeling good, and working hard. If I can't do it on the exact days the calendar says, then we just shift things around a bit. Life happens... you gotta roll with it! :)

Oh, and one more thing... I hope to be posting an update here on Friday that I hit a new personal goal on the scale. My mini goal was 35 by Labor Day when I saw how close I was getting. Since my weigh in is Friday... I am one pound away. I can do this!!!! Then it's 40 by Whistlestop, which is... EEEEEEK!!!! 47 days away!!!

Comments

Popular Posts